Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Lunch !

Registered Childminder since
    apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lunch !

Am getting quite frustrated with one parent ! They send older child to school with packed lunch including sandwiches but send little one to me with a packed lunch no sandwiches ! In it again today is 1 biscuits a yoghurt a packet of crisps !!!! This is meant to keep the little going from 12 noon until we snack at 2 then snack at 4 parent collects at 6 .15 child can eat a lot !!!! Always asking for more snacks ect more of a rant though frustration !!!!!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

This is one of the reasons I provide all food. I keep control on what is eaten and the quality of it.

apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I did give all parents the option but they all choose to bring a pack lunch

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps you could send out a policy for a healthy lunch box with suggestions, I supply lunch, they get sandwich, fruit, ricecake or savory biscuit and yoghurt or jelly, I would tell parent that minder needs a sandwich or crackers, perhaps little one won't eat sandwichs at home as she just wants the good stuff or perhaps mum thinks you give her a sandwich

Mar 06
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I would be quite direct with parent and say that a sandwich or pot of pasta needs to be included with the packed lunch.

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would tell them that it has to contain a minimum amount of food so that it does in fact constitute a packed lunch. No half measures or you will insist that they pay you to provide food.

Tell them your DO was round during lunch and was shocked at the lack of food, tell mum that she made a note of it and name of child. This may worry mum enough to buck her ideas up
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

7. Likes jashol, AliceK, loocyloo liked this post
    May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i had this with now 17m mindee mum would drop off at 1230 with his 'packed lunch' which would consist of a packet of crisps, a satsuma and a chocolate bar he would be starving again by the time we got back from school and would constantly whinge and moan until dinner time at 5. He would also be like a scrounging dog - trying to eat and anything that anyone else was eating. So i said to mum - im giving him a sandwich or pasta or whatever the other lo's are having from now on, you can carry on providing his snacks in his lunchbox if you wish but he is trying to take their food and when i gave him the same he was much happier right up until dinner time, i dont charge extra for lo's lunch, she was fine with this and doesnt even bring snacks anymore
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

Post Thanks / Like

does the mindee like sandwiches? maybe they won't eat them and mum can't think of alternatives. Maybe give mums list of healthy alternatives if she's struggling to think of things to give instead.

apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi yes she eats anything not fussy at all which is why am abit confused as to why one child in school gets them but lo here doesn't !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jashol View Post
    Hi yes she eats anything not fussy at all which is why am abit confused as to why one child in school gets them but lo here doesn't !
    Does she maybe think that you provide meals and that she only needs to send in snack?

apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi no mum is fully aware that lunch is provided by her and I only provide the snacks ! It a hard one but this has happened the last 4 weeks now

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just ask her whats going on
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

our childrens centre has a selection of menus for different ages and stages that are tear off, so each time I go in I pick up a handful, , if necessary I put one in each child's lunch box before hometime, that way no one feels singled out, sometimes parents just need a bit of advice on portions and menu ideas, would your CC have something similar-or perhaps the HV?

aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

My meals are included in rate. When I was working st a school a boy turned up with a box of chocolate eclair s. school had a strict healthy good policy. He was given school lunch and she was billed. Have a policy suggested by your "do" and say you are following. Good luck. Most of my parents in London would have fainted if I have their precious children non healthy food.