Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Daily Records

Registered Childminder since
    May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Daily Records

How much of a record do you keep of your day-to-day activities/going ons?

I keep a Register and do a daily diary via a communication book for each LO.

However, I try and keep a daily diary for myself, noting what we have done, what food was served (I provide meals) and any other points of interest i.e. grumpy child, problem at school pick-up, activity particulary enjoyed/hated, comments from parents ect

However it feels like mostly I'm merely writting out the LO's daily diaries for myself. It gets tedious and I will have a week or two where I'm really diligent but then two or three weeks where I'm really slack.

What do you keep on a day to day basis or feel is necessary?

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not much use to answer this because I'm pre-reg, but I have been pondering the best way to do this so I don't end up writing everything out twice. I wonder if there is something online (googledocs?) that both you and the parents could have a password for? Then you could record everyday, they could access it and see what theri LO has been up to, you have your records (you could always print off hard copies once a month or something if needed, or back up onto a memory stick) In the unlikely event of parents not having internet access you could go back to writing by hand I suppose....

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I do daily diaries for my eyfs ones. Bfast what they had and if ate it, am activity, lunch what and if ate it, pm activity, naps, nappies, any wow moments. My diary lists attendance in and out,what we did any obs I've done any ideas I have, dinner and lunch
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a web based system available if you do a google search you should find it. I use it its £10 per month. Sorry i would put the name up but it would be starred out. I searched web based child minding software and it comes up. It does exactly what you are asking for by allowing parents to log in hth

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I do daily diaries with all info in for parents, food, nappies, sleeps, activities etc.
    I do have my own CM diary where I have written down who's attending on each day. Also If a parent tells me something I write it up on a parent comment slip and staple in the diary on the day, if we have specific plans eg mtg with another CM or trip planned I write that in. I don't do much written planning but for things like Chinese NY and pancake day this month I have written them in but day to day stuff I don't write in. Why write everything down just for the sake of it.

xxx

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Tracey View Post
    There is a web based system available if you do a google search you should find it. I use it its £10 per month. Sorry i would put the name up but it would be starred out. I searched web based child minding software and it comes up. It does exactly what you are asking for by allowing parents to log in hth
    I think I've found it. Would you recommend it? I'm wondering if it's worth investing in that rather than the ncma start up pack - it seems to have everything you would need in it....do your parents like it?

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of my parents love it and others arent so bothered. It depends on the individuals. I personally love it and think its worth every penny. But again thats my personal opinion. Try the free months trial and see what you think. You are welcome to pm me your email address and we can discuss it at length on a one to one basis if you like?

8. Likes knittaroo liked this post
    jun 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I do daily diaries for the eyfs ones with the meals, nappies, sleeps and what we've done/wow moments. Then on my weekly plan I write a short evaluation, like todays planned activities were scuppered as both lo needed more sleeps and were unwell with colds so not in the mood for what I had planned

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Tracey View Post
    Some of my parents love it and others arent so bothered. It depends on the individuals. I personally love it and think its worth every penny. But again thats my personal opinion. Try the free months trial and see what you think. You are welcome to pm me your email address and we can discuss it at length on a one to one basis if you like?
    Thanks so much. I'm still waiting for my pre-reg visit atm, but I think I'll definitely look at the trial when I'm up and running. It seems that you get so much more for your money than the NMCA stuff, and being electronic rather than pepre means so much less duplication, better security, no running out of forms.....I can't see a downside really!

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by knittaroo View Post

Thanks so much. I'm still waiting for my pre-reg visit atm, but I think I'll definitely look at the trial when I'm up and running. It seems that you get so much more for your money than the NMCA stuff, and being electronic rather than pepre means so much less duplication, better security, no running out of forms.....I can't see a downside really!
    Dont get me wrong i have received the NCMA stuff myself. But the fact that you can update it all through the day n the parents can see it at a time that suits them suits me and some of my families perfectly.

Feb 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I use diary books for EYFS children. In it I write a daily diary and then leave a space for parents to comment as although I prefer face to face communication I understand that sometimes parents might have had to rush at night or in the morning so will find it easier and quicker to write any information down. I have a yearly diary too that I record attendance in and necessary daily happenings eg. trips out, if a child has taken ill etc. I dont have a register as its all recorded in here but Im not sure if I have to use one? I havent joined NCMA as the price is £94 with insurance and everyone who I have spoken to have said the starter packs a disappointment and you are not really offered anything else from being a member except paperwork help, which I would just come on here for anyway and discount of their books which I can get off ebay for cheaper again.lol. I sound like a skin flint but I feel enough is paid out when starting childminding without paying for unnecessary things.

Mar 06
    Post Thanks / Like

I use daily diary/communication book for each child, register, and my diary which includes food provide, expected attendance & any changes to this, outings, topics/themes/activities, mileage, total hours