Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default transporting toddlers

Hello I am after transport arrangement help from you knowledgable people. At the moment I am either using the car or putting the youngest two in the double pushchair and walking the 29mth old and 4 year old. (They are two sets of siblings except on a Weds) I'm finding the 29mth old obviously struggling when he is teething/cold/tired etc. I have a Phil & Teds and a Vector Duo both struggle with buggy boards. I've looked at a buggy pod and decided against if from the majority of the reviews and it won't fit on the Vector and P&T needs an adaptor. I have looked at triple pushchairs and tandems look hard to push and the side by side isn't perfect as we have very narrow pavements and if I still have one holding on potentially will be a nightmare but I figure its the only option. I like the look of the ABC Adventure Buggy single with toddler seat on top and on the front but the 10mth is too old to lie flat the whole journey. I noticed they have adapated it so the front seat can face inwards but again would only work with little babies I think. Any suggestions, here is my rota.

Monday -
    10mth old
    15mth old
    29mth old
    4yr old

Tuesday

10mth old
    13mth old
    29mth old
    4yr old

Wednesday
    10mth old
    15mth old
    20mth old (overlap for 4 hours)
    29mth old

Thursday
    10mth old
    29mth old

Friday
    10mth old
    15mth old
    29mth old
    4 yr old
    Paula

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I have purchased a quad pushchair off eBay, as I found my triple was too wide to fit through the school gates. Longest journey I walked with it was about 2 miles....hard work especially up hill but still easier than having a double & one / two young toddlers walking. I still use it even if I have three young ones.

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I have purchased a quad pushchair off eBay, as I found my triple was too wide to fit through the school gates. It is hard work especially up hill but still easier than having a double & one / two young toddlers walking. I still use it even if I have three young ones.

My quad is two side by side and two in front (does that make sense!!!)....it took me ages to find a suitable quad, within my price range.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What about the triples with 2 seats at the back and a 3rd that latches on if you need it?

My friend has one - she's on FB if you want to talk to her about it I'll put you in touch - it's heavy but pushable.

Or something long and thin like this one?

Peg Perego Official Website | United States | Baby Products | Triplette Sw Stroller

I must be honest I have avoided going the triple route. I have walkers plus the double but then I don't have to go very far.

Hth

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How about a sling? It'll be much cheaper than a new pushchair and it'll spread the load between your arms doing the pushing and your back doing the carrying. I used to comfortably carry my DD2 on my back in a Babyhawk Oh Snap until she was over 3yrs. It's a bit like an Ergo, but I found it comfier for me and DD2, and it has very adjustable shoulder and waist straps, so it suits most body shapes. There are lots of 'soft structured carriers' to choose from. I don't think I'm allowed to link to other forums, but PM me if you want a suggestion for where to find places to try them out or buy them secondhand x

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lisbet View Post
    How about a sling? It'll be much cheaper than a new pushchair and it'll spread the load between your arms doing the pushing and your back doing the carrying. I used to comfortably carry my DD2 on my back in a Babyhawk Oh Snap until she was over 3yrs. It's a bit like an Ergo, but I found it comfier for me and DD2, and it has very adjustable shoulder and waist straps, so it suits most body shapes. There are lots of 'soft structured carriers' to choose from. I don't think I'm allowed to link to other forums, but PM me if you want a suggestion for where to find places to try them out or buy them secondhand x
    I's certainly carry a 10mth old in a sling- I like my Patapum on my back (like an Ergo but cheaper), or a mei-tai (that is a type not a brand name).

7. Likes lisbet liked this post
    Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I liked the Patapum too

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the buggy pod amorphous 2 on my phil and ted bought the extension but didn't need it(don't actually know where it is now) it works really well, I like the fact you can fold it up and have a nice narrow buggy to go through doors.

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried a buggy pod on the side of my P&T but it felt unstable & made it very heavy to push. I now have a kidsit board on the back of my P&T which works really well even with the back seat on the P&T You do have to stick your bum out a bitbut its easy to push!