Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by samd35 View Post
    I've deceided to mention it verbally to them and explain how I will do the above and also the positives of having a dog.
    Think thats a good plan.

I have two sisters who initially were scared of dogs but with gentle short introductions and time they were fine, the youngest says one of my dogs is her best friend although thinking about it maybe she needs to get out more

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally send out newsletters with any important info on,Make it clear that the children will never be left alone with the dog but will have contact daily,

....Having a dog has it's ups and downs-I've had children who I was told were scared of dogs but love my dog to bits and i've had older ones mithering (?) her,squealing and getting her all worked up,oh and she steals LO's food and 'cleans' the babies when i'm not looking

3. Likes Marshmallow liked this post
    Mar2008
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I use my two as a Hoover after lunch times, they loved the bits of tuna sandwich under the high chairs today ;-)

MAY 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Letter

Well done, its not for everyone, but neither is Childminding !

I send a letter out asking for their opinon and then they signed the letter as proof they had been made aware , I have it all safe in their files.
    I was made aware, last week when doing my First Aid again, that dog owners needed to make their insurers aware and maybe take out extra insurance to safeguard againt any incidents ? Hadn't thought of that, and will defo mention when my insurance is due again next month

Hope I have been some help.

Quote Originally Posted by samd35 View Post
    Hi

We have finally decided to get a Labrador puppy after 5 years of considering it. I have been childminding for 5 years and have had our cat and rabbit as pets. Sadly our rabbit passed away just before Christmas.

Both my husband and I grew up with a Labrador dog so have decided on this breed and the fact that they are a good family dog to have. We have put our name on a waiting list after looking at a number of breeders and their testomonials.

My question is how do I let parents know that we are in the near future going to have a puppy joining our family. Shall I send out an email? Or just verbally tell them.

We are all so excited and have done lots of reading up on Labs, and we are fully prepared that having a pup will be like having a baby. I'm hoping that my parents will be okay with it. My children have waited and waited and we now feel this is the right time.

Sam x

Feb 01
    Post Thanks / Like

Well my OH has just arrived home with a new puppy!!!!! Luckily he works from home to and has a seperate office so pup will be with him most of the time so tonight i have to inform all my parents

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Have fun!!!

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cara1235 View Post
    Well my OH has just arrived home with a new puppy!!!!! Luckily he works from home to and has a seperate office so pup will be with him most of the time so tonight i have to inform all my parents
    Lovely!! What breed did you get?

apr1998
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We have had a golden retriever for about a year , parents were aware that we were going to get a puppy but i did not give any official letters out concerning it . In the last 4 months i have had an inspection and there was no problem with the inspector she just asked me to amend my SOP to show the new addition , risk assessment to cover the dog . Hope this is of help .

Feb 01
    Post Thanks / Like

A gorgeous little girl she is a mini teacup jack russell

Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you to everyone for all your replies. I have told all my parents and they are all fine and cannot wait for our new addition, even the parent I wasn't sure what would be her reaction thinks its brilliant.
    Now as we are waiting ,as we are on a waiting list, the children keep asking when are we getting the puppy. We are all thinking of names for the pup, I'm super excited!!
    Will keep you all informed and post pics when we get he/she.

Sam x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12