children starting school
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default children starting school

Hi all! I currently am registered to care for 4 children under the age of 5. I have my own 3 year old and another 3 yr old that I mind, I also have his 5 year old sister after school so still have 1 space available. The 3 year olds start full time school at easter and I will continue to have the 2 minded children and obviously mine after school and in Holidays, does this mean I can only have 1 child full time? as after school it will be upto 4? I'm not sure where I stand on afterschoolers under the age of 8. the afterschoolers will only be with me for max of 2 hours so will be at a real finacial loss if I can only have 1 full timer to leave space for my school age children. Sorryto ramble on but these are my first mindees as only registered last year! xx

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Are you sure you are registered for 4 under 5 or do you mean 4 under 8

As I reading your numbers BUT im going on 4 under 8 and no more than 2 under the age of 5 because of your son.

So you have your mindee 3yo
    mindee 5yo

I would say you could have 1 more under the age of 5 and 1 over.

Your 3 yos will still count in your under 5's as its for full time reception school
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

if the 3 yr olds are at school full time, surely theyd be classed as rising 5's?? When are their birthdays?
    Marnie x

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marnieb View Post
    if the 3 yr olds are at school full time, surely theyd be classed as rising 5's?? When are their birthdays?
    No its only 4 yos that can be classed as rising 5's

Im almost sure that the eyfs also says reception class not nursery
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    No its only 4 yos that can be classed as rising 5's

Im almost sure that the eyfs also says reception class not nursery
    IIUC it involves Ofsted's interpretation of EYFS Statutory Framework 3.40. The "rising 5's" have to be aged 4 or 5. They are supposed to be in school rather than nursery, as 3.40 refers to ".....before and/or after a normal school day....." (my italics) which is taken to imply they are in school. I've heard reports of Ofsted having contradictory views on cases of children in a school-based nursery.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    IIUC it involves Ofsted's interpretation of EYFS Statutory Framework 3.40. The "rising 5's" have to be aged 4 or 5. They are supposed to be in school rather than nursery, as 3.40 refers to ".....before and/or after a normal school day....." (my italics) which is taken to imply they are in school. I've heard reports of Ofsted having contradictory views on cases of children in a school-based nursery.
    Yes they have allowed my for all my children to become a rising 5 while still in school nursery -however they were always 4 never 3

apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks all one of the 3yr olds will be in 4 a few weeks after starting full time and the other will be 4 not long after that, will leave taking another child untill they all turn 4 I think x

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mummylovatt View Post
    thanks all one of the 3yr olds will be in 4 a few weeks after starting full time and the other will be 4 not long after that, will leave taking another child untill they all turn 4 I think x
    Are you in Wales? In England children usually start full time school the September after their 4th birthday, so can't be counted as rising 5s until then, but I know they start earlier in Wales so it might be possible for them to be rising 5s as soon as they turn 4.