Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

School runs - are for my children plus just 1 more once a week and so yes I have to do them. Not looking forward to it with a double buggy though. Not working today anyway so hoping it will clear by Monday!

As with any lateness for parents collecting I just say I expect to be kept informed and if i am then I just charge usual rate until pick up and if not I charge double! I really am trying to encourage polite communication and this is aimed at 1 parent who never tells me anything, hasn't worked so far but at least I am getting paid a lot for it!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i prewarned parents yesterday that if there was snow this morning on the ground I would not be pushing a buggy. They all have cars and would just have to go into work late. My buggy does not wheel in the snow you have to shove it through the snow - my shoulders can't take it any more - too old - lol!

As it turned out it was fine but snowed on way to school and I told everyone I woudl not be picking up from school.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I took my mindees to school this morning to be told infants will close if weather gets worse, then had a text saying it was closing at 12.15,
    but the junior school on same site was staying open, needless to say I collected the infants and juniors at the same time, sadly the head
    at the juniors says that if the child is taken out it will be put as an unauthorised abscence, but parents wanted them collect early
    for their own safety. So collected 4 and took them to their nan's aunties and moms so ended up with a free afternoon
    Cath

Dec 04
    Post Thanks / Like

We had lots of snow today. Most schools were open, because it didn't really start til 8.30am. It snowed consistently ALL day, so by 11.00 roads were covered and cars were crawling along.

At 11.20am I put two plastic sledges into the back of the car, instead of the buggy. I drove most of way to a mid day nursery pick up, then used a sledge to pull the 2 three year olds along the pavements. They loved it and it was easier than pushing a double buggy on a summers day! Then we had to drive to school, which took 45 mins instead of 15, but we made it safely. I carry spare gloves, hats, wellies and waterproof all in one suits, so that if we do have to leave the car and walk, then everyone can be suitably dressed.
    By 2.30 I had the 2 LOs and 3 schoolies home and playing happily in the snow. I needed a sit down and a good strong cup of tea tho!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12