Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chriss View Post
    If its just a name change its a waste of time, cos everyone knows CRB, and it will be "err...a what ?? So do I call my CRB a DBS if i had it before this name change date Sarah 707 ?

I think we'll be saying 'DBS - the document formerly known as CRB' for some years to come!

What you have is a CRB check - it was done before the name change - there are no plans at present to update it.

The agency has now changed its name - not your disclosure document

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_Knight View Post
    Excellent, that has caused more work! Is there any change other than the name?
    As far as I can see it's mostly just the name. The other requirements for notifying safeguarding concerns etc appear to be the same.

Ofsted still pay for them... they will still take the same length of time... the EYFS still says you must have them for anyone living or working on your premises over the age of 16 - you still use the EY2 form from the Ofsted website (new version dated 28 Nov 2012 currently on there)...

Hth

3. Likes Rick liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

sorry for the delay in answering the questions guys! I was waiting for the children to go home so I could ring Ofsted and do some more internet research

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

AFAIK it's pretty much the same thing as before, but with added 'portability' for disclosures issued for the purpose of voluntary work.

• It still helps to contribute to the poisonous relationship of distrust being developed between the generations.
    • It still proves nothing, so it helps to feed into the sort of complacency that undermines safeguarding.
    • It still won't help a legally "not guilty" person who has their career destroyed by unproven allegations.

So, no change in all practical respects.

Jul 84
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah
    Love Shivvie

Decembe
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

"The artist previously known as Prince" springs to mind

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chriss View Post
    "The artist previously known as Prince" springs to mind
    You noticed my paraphrasing!

10. Likes chriss liked this post
    Feb 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Regarding the CRB checks me and my husband got ours back today. Mine is clear but he has 3 things from when he was a teenager over 10 years ago. I rang OFSTED today and they said they hadnt looked at it yet as it was only today but I cant settle as I dont want them to say no. It was silly teenage mistakes but worst he didnt declare them as they have never come up before and no actual charges were made so he assumed they were not part of his record as he was a juvinile. It was a genuine mistake but now looks like hes tried to lie. Does anyone know if this will affect the decision and how it will take for them to let me know as I can see me loosing sleep overthinking about it.
    Thanks everyone

Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chezzagriff View Post
    Regarding the CRB checks me and my husband got ours back today. Mine is clear but he has 3 things from when he was a teenager over 10 years ago. I rang OFSTED today and they said they hadnt looked at it yet as it was only today but I cant settle as I dont want them to say no. It was silly teenage mistakes but worst he didnt declare them as they have never come up before and no actual charges were made so he assumed they were not part of his record as he was a juvinile. It was a genuine mistake but now looks like hes tried to lie. Does anyone know if this will affect the decision and how it will take for them to let me know as I can see me loosing sleep overthinking about it.
    Thanks everyone
    This happened to me my hubby had not mentioned records to me ever and then just forgot!!! Ofsted were fine and quite quick at sorting you have to complete some declaration to say if isn't a naughty boy now it was years ago blah blah and then should be fine.... I also made my hubby feel like if had ruined my chances and if was nice as pie and bought of flowers.... Well worth it lol good luck

Feb 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Hopefully everything will be ok then. I didnt know you get a chance to explain yourself which Im glad you do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12