On the countdown then BAM...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    2,132
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default On the countdown then BAM...

    Here I am, happily counting down to Friday's finish @ 6pm, Baileys out by 10 past, weekend chilling, mad panic for xmas eve and anything I've forgotten, and a lovely week off

    then BAM

    Letter arrives from tax credits... I've been selected (Ooooo lucky me!) for a review with all information to be received by 14th january aaaaaargh!

    Stomps feet, I didn't want to be doing any paperwork over Xmas, pfft

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,126
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    There's ALWAYS something that gets in the way of a good rest and a bit of 'me time'. Will it take you long? x

  3. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    2,132
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    I hope not

    Thankfully I've kept on top of my accounts this year, filed last years accounts by July so not got last years books to do thank goodness, but I wasn't happy about sending them my attendance register as a safeguarding and ofsted compliance issue (they want originals and I'm due an inspection anyday), so I've got to make a list of specific hours for each mindee instead

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,574
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    why do you need to send them a list of mindees hours? is it the parents tax credits that are being checked, or yours? if yours, then surely just a list of monthly income and hours worked would be sufficent?

    xxx

  6. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
  7. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    37,475
    Registered Childminder since
    1994
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default

    No way would I be giving them my registers - I wouldn't trust them not to be lost

    I hope you are ok xx

  8. Likes Kiddleywinks, mum24 liked this post
  9. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    2,132
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    why do you need to send them a list of mindees hours? is it the parents tax credits that are being checked, or yours? if yours, then surely just a list of monthly income and hours worked would be sufficent?

    xxx
    It's my claim they're checking - guessing it's because I'm self employed as I've heard they're clamping down on SE claims (there's been a dramatic increase in people going self employed due to changes in the benefits system apparently)
    I'm not worried about supplying the information they want as such, as it's all documented correctly, receipts for EVERYTHING , contracts with specified hours, attendance register, daily diaries etc all prove I'm claiming the correct working hours, but from a safeguarding aspect I'm not comfortable with sending them originals in respect of their request to send 'diary of bookings/appointments made/other documentation to show the number of hours worked' - as Sarah rightly says, I'd be up poop creek if they lost them, and they said in their letter they don't accept photocopies...

    Thanks for your concern Sarah, much appreciated
    I called them, and spoke to a lovely guy, explained that I was a childminder and as such had safeguarding issues and ofsted compliances to consider with the information I could supply to them etc etc, and he very kindly said to write a letter explaining this, detailing as much as possible in regard to working hours. I have said they are welcome to visit me, or allow me to photocopy contracts with personal details removed, and he again said to mention that and if that's acceptable they will be in touch about it.

    Thankfully, on my spreadsheet, I keep a tab on cumalitve contracted hours v actual hours worked individually, and then a running total for that week.
    I did originally consider going through my attendance registers listing the actual attendance of each mindee, (when I made the original post) however as I've spoken to them since, will just print out my spreadsheets for them instead as that's already done on a weekly basis anyway.

    I'm determined not to do any damn paperwork over christmas

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    buckinghamshire
    Posts
    252
    Registered Childminder since
    july 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddleywinks View Post
    It's my claim they're checking - guessing it's because I'm self employed as I've heard they're clamping down on SE claims (there's been a dramatic increase in people going self employed due to changes in the benefits system apparently)
    I'm not worried about supplying the information they want as such, as it's all documented correctly, receipts for EVERYTHING , contracts with specified hours, attendance register, daily diaries etc all prove I'm claiming the correct working hours, but from a safeguarding aspect I'm not comfortable with sending them originals in respect of their request to send 'diary of bookings/appointments made/other documentation to show the number of hours worked' - as Sarah rightly says, I'd be up poop creek if they lost them, and they said in their letter they don't accept photocopies...

    Thanks for your concern Sarah, much appreciated
    I called them, and spoke to a lovely guy, explained that I was a childminder and as such had safeguarding issues and ofsted compliances to consider with the information I could supply to them etc etc, and he very kindly said to write a letter explaining this, detailing as much as possible in regard to working hours. I have said they are welcome to visit me, or allow me to photocopy contracts with personal details removed, and he again said to mention that and if that's acceptable they will be in touch about it.

    Thankfully, on my spreadsheet, I keep a tab on cumalitve contracted hours v actual hours worked individually, and then a running total for that week.
    I did originally consider going through my attendance registers listing the actual attendance of each mindee, (when I made the original post) however as I've spoken to them since, will just print out my spreadsheets for them instead as that's already done on a weekly basis anyway.

    I'm determined not to do any damn paperwork over christmas

    I am amazed and flabbergasted.....wow so organised.... why did the banks not have someone like you working at the top earning mega bucks, they would have got away with nothing
    Get yourself along there now quick (well after Christmas) and save us all.

  11. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
  12. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    2,132
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mum24 View Post
    I am amazed and flabbergasted.....wow so organised.... why did the banks not have someone like you working at the top earning mega bucks, they would have got away with nothing
    Get yourself along there now quick (well after Christmas) and save us all.
    Thanks, but it's undeserved, I have a memory like a sieve so if I don't write it down within 24 hours I guarantee I'll forget

    I had debated setting up as a childminding specific book keeper, but I doubt anyone else would appreciate my obsessive way of logging these things. Plus by doing it daily it takes a couple of minutes, leaving it to build up takes me hours

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Quick Links and Advertisements

Important Information Links
Some Useful Quick Links
Advertisements

 

You can also find us on:
On the countdown then BAM... On the countdown then BAM... On the countdown then BAM...

We use cookies to make this site as useful as possible. They are small text files placed in your browser to track usage of our site but they don’t tell us who you are.
By continuing to use this site you are consenting to cookies being placed on your computer. Find out more here: Cookies in Use

Childminding Help and the Childminding Forum are part of Childcare.co.uk