Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default kids and attitude

how do you deal with the attitude and the nasty 'ha ha' kids do and the words 'I dont care , i never care', this was all I got tonight from the 5yrold and 8yrold it seemed it was anything to wind me up! I'm sure its to do with it being nearly christmas and the last week of term so their tired but seriously I am fed up with it already
    Normally I deal with the bad behaviour ok like today the 8yrodl decided to undo all four aqua pens and just pour them over the aqua mat hence he's now banned from playing with it all week, him and his sister wouldnt stop arguing over the play tinsel so I banned them from playing with it, they sat at the tabel at snack time and couldnt behave so they were last to get down but in that time they had stuck their fingers up at each other so ended up waiting even longer to go and play then my 'helpful' son decided to come down and wind them up more by playfighting with them. wow all of that in the 2hrs I have them and that includes the walk home and snack lol,
    thankfully they dont upset my littlies who happily get on with playing together and they dont stop me doing things with the others like crafts, nappie changes etc as I just deal with them around everything else.
    their mother is on board and tells them off too and when they were going home I told them that I really enjoy having them here and enjoy the nice times we have together and that I hate spending the time telling them off and moaning at them all night and that seemed to sink in with the 5yrold who imeidiatly appologised bless her.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

At least you know they are comfortable with you if they are acting up!

When siblings fight here I divide and conquer - give them jobs and keep them busy.

Hugs xx

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    At least you know they are comfortable with you if they are acting up!

When siblings fight here I divide and conquer - give them jobs and keep them busy.

Hugs xx
    good idea, I was so fed up last night when they went cause it felt like all I did all night was moan and tell them off, I cant think of one nice moment when I could praise them, it dosent help that the 8yrold has ADHD and I suspect the sibling may have too but normaly his is controlled with medication and he can be lovely and a lot easier than the 5yrold some days. Hopefully having a night of not doing activitys and just playing with whats out with a promise of somthing nice to do tomoro will work tonight!