How long did it take you to get your first 'customers'?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How long did it take you to get your first 'customers'?

Hi All, I'm just writing my business plan and wondered how long it took you to get your first customers and then how long to get to the 'full' mark? I really need to be able to get some kind of guestimate for my forward financial planning.
    Many thankd
    Love Maria xxx

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I have been lucky: First child (3 nights per week after school) started 2 weeks after I was registered (Aug 12), now have 3 under 5's and have 1 space left on Tuesday and 2 on Friday from beginning of Nov (3 months after registering) so nearly full.

I still only have 1 regular after schoolie and have not had many enquiries. I think in the NE Scotland there are a lot of extended families that can help with pre/after school care.

Good luck!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Beginning of Sept 09 I was registered the first children Oct 09 and have not been full yet!!! I have a few part-timers scattered throughout the week but so far not completely full.

It really depends on your area and the demand for childcare.
    Pixie Dust

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Registered oct 97, child started one day a week the following week. That was enough for me at the time as I had a new baby. Started full time in the summer of 98, which made my under 5's full I didn't take on school aged until two years go when one of my baby mindees started school.

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had 2 mindees lined up before I'd even thought about minding! Back in the old days that was! Once registered I had them and then got another one 6 months later

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiya, I had my first one lined up and ready prior to registration. I registered in march this year and now have,
    1x 9months, 1 x 14 months, 1x 15months, 1x 17months, and three after schoolies aged 5, 7 and 8 years. I think its important to understand that this isnt a completely stable career, kiddies come and go all the time.

Wishing you lots of luck with your business. xx
    If all else fails......add glitter!

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

It took me 4 months to get my first and then one month later my second. It took a good 18 months to get enough work to become full time. Now I work along side my mum (co minding) and we literally have 1 space left.

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I registered in nov and had my first wee one ready to start as soon as i was registered (4 days a week) then a week later my 2nd wee one started (also 4 days a week) have just signed up another wee one to start in jan for 1 day per week (but an 11 hour day) and his sister before/after school on the same day. I have 2 daughters who count in my over 5 number too. Have had an enquiry yesterday to take another wee one 2 days per week so if this one signs up then I will be full enough for me and wouldn't look to take anymore as would be nice to not hasve full 3 wee ones every day