Parents still not turned up....
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jun 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Parents still not turned up....

Pick up was at 5pm. Dad rang at 5.45 to say mum who is collecting has broken down and checked I had her phone numbers. It is now 6.10 and despite ringing both her phones and his to try and find out when children might be collected i have heard nothing. What should I do? When is it right to call social services? They are fairly new parents and have been really late without calling to let me know 3 times now. I have plans this evening!!??

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Dad should have collected or sent someone else round for the children! Time for a serious chat methinks

JUL 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I would keep trying and if nothing I would text to remind them of how long it will be before you phone ss from your policy and you will take this time from the last contact you had from them. I would then review your collection policy and give family family another copy. let us know if and when they do collect

June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Have they been in touch or collected yet? Could you text them to say you are contacting emergency contact see if that gets a response? Or just keep trying ? Do you have emergency contacts ?

Jun 06
    Post Thanks / Like

6.30 and still heard nothing!!! Have rung all three phones but no answer! ?? There's no way 3 phones are out of charge? The other emergency contact isn't answering either! I'm really fed up now.

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

That is really bad - only excuse for being that late would be if there had been a serious accident etc which you know there hasn't - poor child too!

June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fitrix View Post
    6.30 and still heard nothing!!! Have rung all three phones but no answer! ?? There's no way 3 phones are out of charge? The other emergency contact isn't answering either! I'm really fed up now.
    How many emergency contacts do you have ? I ask for 2 x sending hugs not sure what to do ! Maybe you should call SS what if something had happened to them ? Maybe one last text to say worried and will have to call ss if they dont get in touch ? Hopefully someone more experienced will be along soon xx

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fitrix View Post
    Have you left voice mails or texts?

Think I would be doing both and saying if you havent heard from them by a certain time you will have no alternative but to ring SS.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

mar09
    Post Thanks / Like

usually if you mention the SS in a message you get quite a quick answer!!

it can't be nice for mum to have broken down but surely they should get in touch

any news?

feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be mentioning SS in my message too. And if they hadn't picked up by 7pm I would be ringing regardless!

I hope it all works out ok!

X x x

Jun 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for support! I did text and leave voicemails. She just turned up - 6.50 - no apology and seemed flabbergasted that I was annoyed she/her husband had not kept me informed or answered their phones!! She also hasn't paid this week yet..... But says she has paid into childcare vouchers. Got a feeling she's been Christmas shopping tonight and is planning on not returning after Christmas.....

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad she finally showed up - what a joke - hope you get the money from her!! hope its not too late for u to still do your plans!

Jun 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all. Our evening plans were scuppered - I'd promised the older kids an activity before young one went to bed but had to let them down. I just don't undestand that she says her phones show no texts or calls or voicemails from me. She also says she still hadnt put my phone numbers into her new phone (the last occasion she was half an hour late she said she'd got a new phone and hasn't put my number in). Does this not strike everyone as odd? And what are the chances of me giving notice with immediate effect on the grounds of it being a safeguarding issue if she is always uncontactable!??

Feb 12
    Non childminder member
    nanny
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe ask her to put your numbers in, while shes there in front of you?!
    If i had children i would make sure i was contactable for emergencies - i thought any parent would do that?! definatly odd i think.

Could you contact ofsted for some advice?

mar09
    Post Thanks / Like

Any of my parents would have been scared with just 1 look....THE LOOK!!!

I would have said that it was unacceptable and disrespectful to expect you to just wait and be there, that you had plan...knowing me I may have said I had tickets or reservation... and that it will NEVER happen again as next time you cannot reach anyone they''ll have to go and pick up their children at the social services!!!!
    I think I would put it in writing as well with a copy of late collection policy.

I would be soooooooo angry at the lack of apologies and the disrespect of just expecting me there..gggrrrrr

nip it in the bud now. and try to getyour money asap.. good luck

16. Likes wellybelly liked this post
    Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Almost 2 hours late!!! Thats totally unacceptable and I would be making sure they knew that. Even him letting you know 45 minutes after pick up is also unacceptable.

I think I would be writing them a stern letter, a copy of my policy and an invoice saying if its not paid by the next day of care, then there is no care and your late payment charge will apply

Good luck and you dont need parents like this, so if they dont come back after xmas as long as you have been paid, then so be it

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

This would definitly not be on. I couldn't work with someone like this. I have 10 sets of parents and not one would even think about treating me like that...

Nearly 2 hrs late and not a batter of an eyelid is shocking. I would definitely be giving notice. There has to be respect on both parts for me to work with someone
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i would have strong words on monday (followed by a letter confirming what I said). tell them how your family plans were ruined and your policies on pick ups, late pick ups, emergency contacts and no-shows.

Tell them if there is ANY repeat of this you will be faced with no alternative than to call ss. In addition the money owed will be with you by end of Monday or you will not have the children until fees are paid up to date (check with your insurer over weekend) but I would def. do this.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Feb 12
    Non childminder member
    nanny
    Post Thanks / Like

i would also be charging double time for the extra two hours, which may of been classed of out of work hours??

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge £5 for every 15 minutes they are late, its in my contract which all my parents sign. A big bill for being 2 hours late should kick them into gear and if they wouldn't pay, then goodbye! I would also have mentioned SS aswell as what else were you meant to think?
    Wellybellyxxxxxxxxx