Parts of the body
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Parts of the body

At what age should a child be able recognize parts of their body ? I have a 27 month old who can only get nose right and has no idea where the rest of their parts are ie - eyes , ears, mouth . Always points to head or gets upset when me and other mindess play games with pointing to body ie head, shoulders knees and toes. Try to breach subject with mum who tells me they are very clever and know this and that but im seeing no evidence of it !!!

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an 18 month old who knows her nose, mouth, eyes and ears...well most of the time. I would say by 27 months they should know, unless she is like my 24 month old mindee who is very, very 'selective' with whom she divulges her information...grrrr. Again mum is always saying 'ooh she can do x,y,z'.
    Not on my watch she can't.

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got a mindee aged 28 months now and he's quite good with his body parts. I've done the usual naming games but the one that seems to make him learn them well is the 'What is ticklish?' game. I have a puppet parrot and he thinks its great fun for the parrot to nibble his elbow, knee, foot ect. He will shout out the places he wants 'tickled'
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks . Im really worried 2.5 year check due soon and mum doesnt seem to be aware of lo being behind ( very very select wordsin fact more sounds. can distinguish some words but mainly roars and couple of others I dont think anywhere near the amount they should be saying or even stringing sentences together. Will try some of your methods and see if any work thanks again x

Post Thanks / Like

maybe say the body names a lot will help, like lets blow your nose, can i wipe your mouth, look your ears are cold and stuff like that. i hope i'm not out of turn as i know you all have more experince.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Candy apple View Post
    maybe say the body names a lot will help, like lets blow your nose, can i wipe your mouth, look your ears are cold and stuff like that. i hope i'm not out of turn as i know you all have more experince.
    No ones replies offering advice ,will ever be taken out of turn.

Just becasue you are new doesnt mean you wont have valid points to make and sometimes a fresh pair of eyes
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

7. Likes mrstom, jillplum liked this post