Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How many stickers?

I have a three year old who was dry but has started weeing herself again. So Mums taking her to doctors to check but if all is ok I'm making a sticker card.
    When she is dry in the 6 hrs that she is here, she gets a sticker..I could probably give to nursery as well.

But how many dry days/stickers do you think I should say she has to get before a treat is given. Don't want to do too long as she may get bored but don't want to do too less or she'll be having too many treats.

Also what would you give for a treat or would you leave that to mum to give.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    Pre Reg
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Also what would you give for a treat or would you leave that to mum
    Hi why dont you asked the mother what A nice treat for the child world b e. Just A idea

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

when i was a nanny, i used to have a LO that would poo in his pants as just could never be bothered ( and parents always said 'never mind' !!! )

i wrapped up a pile of little 'surprises' and on the first day, if pants were clean/dry by the time we got home from school, then a surprise was given, then same pants till lunchtime ...another surprse etc... making the staying dry an easier thing to achieve, rather than all day in one go! the next day i stretched it out to morning snack for the first surprise and onwords from there.
    within a week or two LO could go all day in the same pants !!!

stickers didn't work for my LO! but would have been easier! our little surprises were mini box of smarties, little bag of haribo, and assorted little toys that you get in party bags/crackers etc!

i would discuss it with mum, but if you implementing it, then i think you could give a reward. i would probably stay away from sweets, maybe her own pack of stickers, or the opportunity to choose whats for tea/snack. the trick is not make it self purpetuating! my friend had a LO who used to mess around on purpose, so had a reward chart because he liked the fuss being made and the present at the end!!! its a difficult one!

good luck x

i would probably do 1 day, then 2 days, then 3 days etc ... hopefully then the habit will be set and the novelty will wear off! ( thats what happened with my LO & box of surprises ... and if Lo didn't remember, then neither did i!!! )

May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

This has reminded me of when my dd was potty training, she had problems with pooing so days she didn't poo her pants she got to wear her special disney princess jammies to bed!! Worked for us and didn't cost anything! Could something like this work?