Britax isofix car seats help please
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Britax isofix car seats help please

I have purchased a britax car seat and isofix base, I have just put the car seat on the base in the house to try it. I have followed all instructions but cant get the car seat off the base !!! Is it because the base isnt in the car or have I managed to get it stuck somehow. Can anyone tell me if they have one and how to get it off please ? xx

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I don't know but I am buying a new (new to me) renault scenic megane to replace my old scenic megane - this car has isofix fixings aparently but I have no idea what these are - will my old car seats just fit in using the seat belts as they do in my old car? I know I'm behind the times!

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by desiderata View Post
    I have purchased a britax car seat and isofix base, I have just put the car seat on the base in the house to try it. I have followed all instructions but cant get the car seat off the base !!! Is it because the base isnt in the car or have I managed to get it stuck somehow. Can anyone tell me if they have one and how to get it off please ? xx
    Sorry, this made me chuckle as it reminded me of being at my postnatal class and one of the parents bringing her child in with the car seat and the base still attached because she couldn't get the seat off the base, 12 mums in the class and none of would work it out! lol

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Take it to halfords or mother Care and ask them to help?
    Last edited by blue bear; 22-11-2012 at 07:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

ive sorted it, it was cos I was in the lounge and the leg extension wasnt extended, as soon as I put it on the settee and put the leg down it came off xx

Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Sorry I don't know but I am buying a new (new to me) renault scenic megane to replace my old scenic megane - this car has isofix fixings aparently but I have no idea what these are - will my old car seats just fit in using the seat belts as they do in my old car? I know I'm behind the times!

Isofix is basically a way of securing isofix car seats in your car.
    All cars after a certain date have them well not sure about ferraris? Lol

If you have non isofix seats they will just fit in your Renault as before using the normal seat belts.
    Isofix seats usually have a lever you pull at the back which releases the isofix "grabbers" not sure how else to describe these then clip onto the metal isofix bar which is tucked in at the bottom of seat where the back of seat meets the seat of the seat! Some seats/ cars also have a top tether strap( to make seat more secure) this fastens to child seat and has a metal clip over the back of the cars own seat.

I have britax duo which I connect to the isofix but you can also use the standard seat belts hence name " duo"

Hope I have made easier
    XX Jill XX