Refusing care because of non payment???
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Refusing care because of non payment???

I have not received payment for mindee and parents are not really communicating with me. I am due to have LO next week and want to tell parents that I will be refusing care until I have received payment as I feel that this might hurry things up. However I am paid a month in advance and they have already paid for November last month so effectively they have already paid for next week's care. However I do not want to have to wait until 1st December for my payment as my invoices are always issued a month in advance. Can I refuse care next week on the basis that fees have not been paid when requested??? Awaiting a call back from NCMA

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand if they have paid you for November how are they behind with payments?

I am paid a month in advance on the 1st of the month so 1st November for November so I wouldn't expect any more money until the 1st December.

My understanding is you can only withdraw care if they ow you money for more than the agree number of days that you would have written into your NCMA Contract on page 4

I hold a 4 weeks fees Deposit so I have a buffer but I have if money is more that a week overdue care will be withdrawn until all fees are paid up to date in line with out contract.

Oct 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I have varying payment arrangements with my parents, so I clearly write on the invoice the date that payment should be cleared and in my account, or paid by cash by. I also have in very clear red that if payment hasn't been received or cleared in my account by that date then I will refuse care and they should make alternative care arrangements for their child. I haven't yet had problems. I also make it clear to parents that I am approachable if they have finance issues, but I need to know!

Could you add a date to your invoices so parents are clear as to when you expect payment. As Rickysmiths says - they aren't late with their payments yet as they have paid for November. Are they paying you for month 1 and receiving an invoice for month 2 at the same time?

D

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused... (It doesn't take much )

If they have paid upto end of Nov how can they have not paid, I'm with you rickysmiths
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm confused too but I can't see how you can withhold care for non payment when you have been paid. In fact if you were to do so the parents would have good grounds for suing you for loss of earning etc.

Think you need to explain to us a bit more
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Pipsqueak Guest

I THINK what Op is saying is that she is holding an advance deposit - BUT the parents haven't paid up to date for current fees owed. Yes?
    I take a depsit which is held over till the END of the contract, yet parents pay me at the end of each working week meaning I have two weeks minimum (deposit) buffer.

I think in this case you would say to them unless they bring payment up to date their deposit will cover current owed fees and you will be serving notice or withholding care once this money 'runs out' and I would stipulate that the deposit buffer would have to be replaced if they wanted to keep the contract

7. Likes bunyip liked this post
    Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont get it either! Maybe Im having a senior moment!
    If all else fails......add glitter!

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I think OP is saying she has been paid for November but wants payment for December now and thats whats overdue and because they havent paid for December she is wanting to withhold care.

If this is the case, you cant withhold care cos as they have paid for next week, so you arent looking after the LO without payment. But can see what you mean if they are in breach of their contract.

july 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    very good
    Non childminder member
    ex childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

you cant expect decembers money until 1st dec. They have paid november so i would say no you cannot withhold care just because you want your money early. When does it say on the contract it has to be paid, if its december in advance i would expect it on 1st dec if cash or the week before if check so that i would be cleared in my account in time for the 1st december.
    karen

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm confused too and I haven't had a drink yet will look again later and see if it's clearer
    Cath