Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The wait on crb come backs

Hi, anyone know how log the wait is at the moment on crb checks and fully completed? We maybe moving in with parents for short term and will need do crb checks won't we??

Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I did mine a year ago.... Mine took over 10 weeks to come back but my partner's were back within 2 weeks. Yes you will need to do a crb check on them and inform ofsted of the move as the property will need to be checked to be suitable. If I were you I would fill out the EY2 form now and get the ball rolling on the crb check before you actually move

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fabby View Post
    Hi, anyone know how log the wait is at the moment on crb checks and fully completed? We maybe moving in with parents for short term and will need do crb checks won't we??
    Hi

Just so I understand, it is your parents who childmind and you are living at their 'place of work'? My recent CRB check took quite a few weeks, 6 maybe. So if you are moving soon you will need to get onto it!

It does depend heavily on how many addresses and regions of the country you have lived in and whether you have had a CRB check before. I've lived in Hampshire, London and Somerset so mine may have taken a bit longer!

Hope this helps

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine and hubby's both went in on 23rd August, Mine came back middle of Oct and his came back end of Oct.

Apr 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

It's myself who is a childminder. The only thing regards the actual property is that I need to just risk assess the house, that's it, no inspection is required.
    I've called ofsted today and now got the ball rolling by filling out the ey2 form for the extra 3 people that currently live in the house.
    The reason we are doing this is that our house is up for sale but not selling. We have someone who wants to rent so in the meantime we are going to move in with parents so that we can save money. We're going be able save 15 grand in 6 months so it's inour best interests to do this tempory move :-)