Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  30
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default kisses on the cheek

ive a school aged child only comes 2 mornings a week very shy child will not talk to people other than mum dad and me and my family when mum leaves in the morning in space of 2 min the lo has given mum 10 kisses or more

however at school the last 2 weeks he had stood waiting to kiss me bye i gave lo my cheek to kiss thinking he maybe just forgot it was me taken him and thought he maybe for spilt second thought it were mum as lo not been here very long

any how this has not stopped he always wants to kiss my cheek bye but i fine the school teacher looks at me as if ive done some thing wrong

do i expain to the lo that i cannot take his goodbye mornings kisses on the cheek ? or ignore the teacher ? mum not got a problem with this

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jashol View Post
    ive a school aged child only comes 2 mornings a week very shy child will not talk to people other than mum dad and me and my family when mum leaves in the morning in space of 2 min the lo has given mum 10 kisses or more

however at school the last 2 weeks he had stood waiting to kiss me bye i gave lo my cheek to kiss thinking he maybe just forgot it was me taken him and thought he maybe for spilt second thought it were mum as lo not been here very long

any how this has not stopped he always wants to kiss my cheek bye but i fine the school teacher looks at me as if ive done some thing wrong

do i expain to the lo that i cannot take his goodbye mornings kisses on the cheek ? or ignore the teacher ? mum not got a problem with this
    i don't see the problem, i always kiss mine?? shouldn't i?

3. Likes Rubybubbles liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My mindees always give me a hug and a kiss goodbye when they go home with their parents, but if you feel uncomfortable with this child wanting to kiss you in the playground, maybe talk it over with parents and maybe compromise with a hug instead.

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

if it ever becomes a problem kissing the mindees i swear i will quit

aug 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

I think if both yourself and mum are happy that should be the end of it. I have a child 5 years of age and since he started 5 weeks ago he constantly tells me he loves me, likes me,wants cuddles tells me he misses me when he is at home , his sister is complete opposite, never wants a cuddle

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Could you possibly be reading the teacher wrong? Could she be thinking its nice that lo kisses you goodbye? Think I'd ask her outright, dont see why loCant kiss his minder goodbye. One of my mindees chases me down the playground for her kiss.

8. Likes jashol liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mine all get a hug and a kiss - if they want one

10. Likes jashol liked this post
    feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

mine too Sarah

12. Likes jashol liked this post
    Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so glad I am not the only one.

When my DS was 3 and at pre school he got upset for a while and the TA was a mum and said she struggled not to give him a cuddle but they werent allowed to. I thought that me kissing the mindies was really a no no but I always make it clear to parents that I give affection

14. Likes jashol liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Me and my mindees hug and kiss all the time.

My schoolies always give me a kiss and a hug before going in to school. Mum would if she was there, so I look on it that I'm the next big thing.

While I'm waiting for mindee (6) to come out of school, he blows me kisses. (should be listening to the teacher, mind).

When I was taking my mindees to preschool, a lady who worked there actually commented on me giving them a kiss. She said it's so lovely to see and shows what a fantastic relationship we have. I'm the only childminder that does it!!!
    littletreasures xx

16. Likes Rubybubbles, Bear23, jashol liked this post
    Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Another hug and kisser here :-) mum of lo just stared school was really pleased I was happy with it as at first she gave the teacher one who looked horrified :-( for goodness sake my 19 year old baby brother still gives me kiss :-D

18. Likes Bear23, jashol liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You must be led by the child and ignore the silly grown up.

I will always hug and kiss a child if they are comfortable with it.

20. Likes jashol liked this post
    Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I always give mine a kiss and a hug when they go into pre-school or school if they want one. I don't see it's a problem and think it shows the close relationship we all have.

22. Likes jashol liked this post
    Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It could just be that you are misinterpreting the teachers look. Haha, my husband spends his life thinking people are glaring at him, he then glares at the people who then genuinely glare back at him. Lots of mums seem to think that when their child is stropping in a supermarket that everyone is glaring at them too, but I have yet to meet anyone who doesn't just feel sorry for the mum.
    It is too easy to read a look that isn't there. Hope this is what is happening in your case, cos it would just be really weird for a teacher to glare about a child getting a goodbye kiss.

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

If Mum is happy then why worry?

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I will always give mindees a hug or a kiss if they want one and I was pleased to hear that the teachers at school will give a child a hug if they want one (my DD is always asking for hugs and her teachers / TA's give her one)

xxxxx

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just had a thought - could the teacher be giving you a "funny" look because she sees the child interacting with you but maybe he isn't interacting with any other teachers or adults at school - as you did say child was very shy and won't talk to anyone else. Maybe you need to speak to teacher about how this child is settling in.

27. Likes Buttonsjan liked this post
    Dec 10
    Post Thanks / Like

It must be just me that doesnt really do kisses then. Dont get me wrong I am affectionate and give them hugs when they want them but I just dont like kissing other peoples children.

As a side note a mum was talking to me at playgroup about becoming a childminder, she would be amazing but what put her off was that she thought we are not allowed to give hugs or sit children on our laps because of the risk of allegations against us. How can you care for young children without showing affection?

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    It must be just me that doesnt really do kisses then. Dont get me wrong I am affectionate and give them hugs when they want them but I just dont like kissing other peoples children.

As a side note a mum was talking to me at playgroup about becoming a childminder, she would be amazing but what put her off was that she thought we are not allowed to give hugs or sit children on our laps because of the risk of allegations against us. How can you care for young children without showing affection?
    I have LO's sit on my lap if thats what they want / need. I have it in my touch policy that hugs, non-intimate kisses, cuddles, etc are part of my job and also between peers and will not be discouraged.
    Goodness me, what is the world coming to when we feel we can't hug / cuddle a child in our care.

xxx

30. Likes Twinkles, jillplum liked this post
    Dec 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I know its very sad that people are put off because they think this. I noticed earlier on in this thread that a TA said she wasnt allowed to hug kids so I guess some places do insist on no contact in this way.
    Last edited by TNT; 25-10-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast