Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hi-Viz Vests

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Aug12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi-Viz Vests

At what age (if at all) do you stop using them with your kids while in your care?

Ive bought a load today as this mornings school run was pretty dark and gave me an inclin of what the next few months will be like but after talking to a few of my friends, they all said I would be mean making the older kids wear them. My eldest after schoolie at the moment is 9, the rest are all early schoolies (4/5/6) but in my mind, I was going to get ALL of them to wear them- is this wrong of me??? I'm now starting to regret buying them!!
    Last edited by LittleLegsCM; 18-10-2012 at 12:31 PM.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLegsCM View Post
    At what age (if at all) do you stop using them with your kids while in your care?

Ive bought a load today as this mornings school run was pretty dark and gave me an inclin of what the next few months will be like but after talking to a few of my friends, they all said I would be mean making the older kids wear them. My eldest after schoolie at the moment is 9, the rest are all early schoolies (4/5/6) but in my mind, I was going to get ALL of them to wear them- is this wrong of me??? I'm now starting to regret buying them!!
    mine wear hi viz waistcoats until they stop being in my care! even in the summer. i find everyone in hi viz, esp on the school run or in busy places makes it easy for me to see mine! plus its a safety issue - they ARE more visiable. i've had up to 13 yr olds wearing them before. its not anything i 'negotiate' on! i once had a mum say 'X won't wear one of those things' i said X will, or X won't be coming home from school with me!

my children ( 7 & 10 ) wear them when i am working, but not when its just us doing the school run! my 10 yr old has to wear one to walk home from afterschool clubs now its getting darker. i thought he would 'forget' but a friend saw him coming out of school with it on and he had it when he got home! so i'm rather pleased!

you want minded children to wear hi-viz, then minded children will wear them. your friends are not you, and your minded children are not theirs.

3. Likes LittleLegsCM liked this post
    Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Aug12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    mine wear hi viz waistcoats until they stop being in my care! even in the summer. i find everyone in hi viz, esp on the school run or in busy places makes it easy for me to see mine! plus its a safety issue - they ARE more visiable. i've had up to 13 yr olds wearing them before. its not anything i 'negotiate' on! i once had a mum say 'X won't wear one of those things' i said X will, or X won't be coming home from school with me!

my children ( 7 & 10 ) wear them when i am working, but not when its just us doing the school run! my 10 yr old has to wear one to walk home from afterschool clubs now its getting darker. i thought he would 'forget' but a friend saw him coming out of school with it on and he had it when he got home! so i'm rather pleased!

you want minded children to wear hi-viz, then minded children will wear them. your friends are not you, and your minded children are not theirs.

Do you have your details on them hun?
    I bought mine from Ikea today and was thinking of ironing transfers on the back with my business name & number on- or would that be a step too far???

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLegsCM View Post
    Do you have your details on them hun?
    I bought mine from Ikea today and was thinking of ironing transfers on the back with my business name & number on- or would that be a step too far???
    mine don't have any details except 'IKEA FAMILY'

i have my phone number in permanent pen on the label inside, but i don't use them as advertising! thats more if i lose a hi-viz than anything else!

(i also wear a fleece that says childminder, and have an umbrella that says registered childminder on it, oh and a pe type bag that has my name & childminder on it! i would rather people stopped me and asked for my details)

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Aug12
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking more along the lines of IF a LO ever got lost, it would be clear & obvious where they should be, hadn't thought of the advertising side of it, that's pretty good though