Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    may 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default new and need your help and advise

I am new to childminding only started in May.I have done everything to promate my buisness and joined every childminding site I can find,I contacted my local Early Years for support and was told they would do what they can to help.I still have not had any children as yet.We have a beautiful home,secure garden,playroom and lots more but still nothing.Can anyone offer me some advise.PLEASE

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

have you been to playgroups, library songtimes etc, to get yourself noticed. Maybe volunteer to help with some activities at toddler groups so you can really chat to the mums and they see you interact with their little ones. Maybe if they allow you could hand out some fliers.

perhaps offer some introductory stay and play sessions for mums considering going back to work?
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Have you got your details registered with the FIS (Families Information Service)?

I know it doesn't help, but it can take a while before you get something (took me months to get my first one, but now I've got 2 )

Keep your chin up

may 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default liz

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddleywinks View Post
    Have you got your details registered with the FIS (Families Information Service)?

I know it doesn't help, but it can take a while before you get something (took me months to get my first one, but now I've got 2 )

Keep your chin up
    This is the first thing I did as I thought they would help- sooooooooo gutted.
    but so happy for you xx

APR 09
    Post Thanks / Like

What really helped me first get going was doing a leaflet drop. It was hard going as I posted hundreds of leaflets over several weeks but it was where my first work came from. Dont get me wrong it took about 3 months for me to get started but when I did it went from strength to strength.

Apart from that keep doing what your doing. Dont give up.

Good luck xx

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe:

a small ad in the local paper
    Doctors or dentists waiting room
    Leisure centre
    Midwives waiting room
    local shop windows
    Childcare.co.uk
    your own website made by the lovely Pauline
    Local schools if they will allow

Apr 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Im sure someone on here give out balloons outside a shop,

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to playgroups armed with cards and spoke to anyone that would listen about starting my new childminding business...it's taken a year of hard work and advertising but I'm full!

I have;
    a website
    advertise on childcare.co.uk, yell.co.uk and another free advertising website that I can't think of the name of!
    I'm on google
    car magnets
    business cards (that I handed to anyone who'd take one, you never know when someone might need childcare)
    I also went on quite a few courses to get my name known in the local area, made a few CM friends who have passed business my way when they've been full.
    Try going to local sure start stay and plays, it's where I met the group of CM's I spend time with, we tend to pass business to each other if we can't do it ourselves
    It's been a hard year but it has worked for me

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Vistaprint is always good value for business cards, postcards, magnets etc

May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried advertising on your local childcare board on *****? I've had enquiries through there. xx

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you had enquiries and people not gone with you or have you had no enquiries?....

Make sure your folder looks good to show parents, and don't worry it will come....

reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default same here

Quote Originally Posted by 4oaks View Post
    I am new to childminding only started in May.I have done everything to promate my buisness and joined every childminding site I can find,I contacted my local Early Years for support and was told they would do what they can to help.I still have not had any children as yet.We have a beautiful home,secure garden,playroom and lots more but still nothing.Can anyone offer me some advise.PLEASE
    Hi i only registered in may aswell i had my first mindee 3 weeks later just a after school one but was so pleased have had mindee in summer hols aswell so money has been ok but sadly im losing her in sept as mum is movin away but bit worried as havent had any phone calls so will be left with no one in sept everyone is telling me its a bit quite at the min and that sept is normally alot busier so roll on sept but i might do some leaflets but not really sure what area to do it as there is already alot of cm in my area
    good luck

jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been moving house a lot in the last 5 years and I would say that it has taken me a whole year each time to really settle in business.
    If you continue searching I am sure it will come along. Personnally Childcare.co.uk and Fis have made me full
    3/4 months is not a lot, so do not worry

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of my calls have come from my car...I have my full back screen printed with " business name.ofsted registered childminder,full & part time spaces available,my mobile number" I ordered the vinyl peel lettering from eBay for about £10.

I was very lucky as I was working as a nursery nurse before so when I left some children came with me and the mums their have recommended me too...try not to panic-it WILL happen and once it does word will get out-good luck

jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

hi

i took me months to get started and my first mindee was a friend of a friend.

you need to tell the world you are a childminder, balloons with business cards on is a good idea. stand outside the local playgroup and if you have a child or borrow one lol go to play and stay sessions and tell everyone your a childminder.

my facebook page has got me work or how about joining your local fb selling pages and putting ads on. xx

reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieSausage View Post
    Have you had enquiries and people not gone with you or have you had no enquiries?....

Make sure your folder looks good to show parents, and don't worry it will come....
    I have had enquires one was to a school pick up at the same time one was for siblings that are 7 and 8 didnt really expected that age group one lady was coming round and the night before she cancelled with a really rubbish excuse ive done my leaflets had them posted out dont know if i should had a leaflet put up in toddler groups
    just harder than i thought and as im still doing waitress job that i really dont want to do seems worse

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

When I moved here I made contact with local minders and offered to cover sick/holiday leave for their mindees, it got me started as I was out and about with children at toddlers etc.

apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4oaks View Post
    i printed off my own leaflets and posted them every where i even got my family to help we have spent four days doing this and over 60 hours really paid off for me.......but it will happen for you sometimes takes time

Post Thanks / Like

Advertise on local Facebook but sell pages, get to know other childminders, once they know you I'm sure they'll pass on your number

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a website? I find most of my enquiries have come through my website

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast