I cant believe that i have just bought conkers from Ebay!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I cant believe that i have just bought conkers from Ebay!

My little girl loves the idea of conkers so on Sunday me, my partner, my little girl and my friend and her dog went to a local forest to collect conkers. We searched the woods for about a hour and half and we could not find a single conker but we could find their shells. Anyway on the last stretch of the wood my little girl was climbing over a log and she woke up a hornets nest. As you can imagine they were not best pleased. She ended up with 14 stings and was in extreme pain for over a hour. I thought she would be traumatised by the experience but all she has talked about since is going back to get conkers. So i swallowed my pride and actually purchased conkers off ebay I would normally laugh at the thought of anybody purchasing anything they can get for free, but I feel my little girl deserves them after her little experience. Anyway 99p plus £2 postage for 20 conkers wasnt that bad, was it

And as usual while i was on good old ebay i also found these fabulous moss rocks to go with our small world bits and bobs. Artificial Moss Rocks Balls! For Flower Topiary Tree Pots Foliage and Leaves! | eBay so once again more money spent
    Last edited by AgentTink; 12-10-2012 at 03:31 PM. Reason: spelling

BuggsieMoo Guest

I must have 50 or so conker trees lining the streets around me - great for puncuturing the pram wheels

We are forever picking them up...

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BuggsieMoo View Post
    I must have 50 or so conker trees lining the streets around me - great for puncuturing the pram wheels

We are forever picking them up...
    When i was little i can remember loads of conker tree's but now that i want to find them for my little girl i cannot find any!

Have you thought about making a bit of money by selling the conkers.... they could pay for you to get new tyres on your pram

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i used to walk to school along a very conker strewn road ... BLISS

now there are only 2 conker tress i know of and lots of children looking for conkers! i was driving down a country lane the other week and noticed there were conkers all over the road, so i stopped and picked a pile up

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

You should haveut an appeal in here I would have sent you some, mindees love collecting them and we have loads

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

For the geeky bit - 5 years ago our conker trees were hit with a blight disease, and wiped out nearly half of our trees, it reduces the quantity of Conkers produced, and what does grow are malformed small dark conkers x

however bit sad to buy them on ebay (runs away sqealing with laughter!!)

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my word your poor (but extremely brave) daughter! I would definitely have bought her some conkers off ebay too!

Do you use the woodland trust site? Here is a link to something your daughter would love... Free conker activity pack (from nature detectives, run by the Woodland Trust)

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Its sounds very reasonable i think, . its a shame you could have collected in the woods or parks never mind... .... You did well to bring smile to your daughter. bless...
    Jas Bedi

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We went looking for conkers too, but couldn't find any Would never of thought to by conkers on ebay though. Your poor little girl - so brave!

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no your poor poor daughter

I have a phobia of wasps and hornets ect so my heart goes out to her
    Jane xxx