Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Indoor planting ideas please

I am not at all green fingered so I would really appreciate easy ideas for growing something inside with my mindees. I did think cress but if there are any other ideas they would be very appreciated! I am doing a theme about "growing up" this half term and wanted to do something they could grow. I live in a flat so it has to be something we can grow indoors. Thank you!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you ever seen those glass vases for hyacinth bulbs, they might be good as they can see the roots, and also would make a nice xmas gift for their mummy?

sep2001
    Latest Inspection Grade
    CSSIW
    Non childminder member
    Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

A mini herb garden with like basil ,chives etc . Nasturtiums are always a hit here, they grow quick and are ''me'' proof as they always grow lol - edible, so safe for kiddies as well

mar09
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm planting hyacinthe but in food tin for xmas. will decorated the tin of course, merry xmas mum

to see quick result you can do beans in jar so you can see it all happening as well so it on a site once but can't remember where LOL

Non childminder member
    CM Assistant
    Post Thanks / Like

Peashoots? Just normal pea seeds and you pick them when they are about 6" tall - tastier than cress I think and the seeds are much easier for small fingers to handle. You could also let them keep growing & flower and turn into pods... should work inside just as well. Lettuce would be another one.