Has anyone ever changed their mind about becoming accredited?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 09
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds great Monkey 26 at least it has benefitted you then. I also don't mind the visits, quite enjoy them really as it helps to kepp upto date etc, I have had one unannounced but that was fine again I don't mind that. I think my disappointment has been with the parents and not the actual La if I think about it. There are so many nurseries around here that the competition is high.

Aug 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue bear View Post
    I get paid monthly. Never had an issue with being paid, think I've been lucky.
    I also get paid monthly, always been paid on time.

I have two funded children at the moment, both go to pre-school for 9 hours a week and the other 6 hours are funded with me. I will have a full time LO become funded after Easter and mum has already expressed that she does not want him to go to pre-school, so I will claim the full 15 hours.

mar09
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm starting the process and to be honest the form filling is quite off putting at first but i have faith LOL

i mainly do it because i have part timer and mum goes on mat leave and it would be better for parents to be able to leave lo with me 15h over 2 days than running around 5times a week especially as lo might no get in in january.

BUT i'm all for children starting pre school to be with lo thier own age and getting thme used to bigger group, access some resources that i haven't got and getting use to the school setting, making new friends to start big boy/girl school with the year after. And I think older sibling need their own time appart from each other and it gives mum better bonding time with new lo...

so basically i'm going to only provide funding for 8months but i think it helps everyone: i keep mindee during mat leave, mum gets 2 days a week for baby and get organised, lo gets 2 days out not governed by new baby's needs... win win win

the rest i'll deal with

just have to conquer the first mountain of paperwork!!!

and I have a 2vacancies thursdays and friday, had them for the last 3yrs and i hope that the possibility of funding could get me a bit of work, may it be 8months!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12