Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Working with pre school

The twins i have have started pre school. I was given a letter last week, them introducing themselves and asking for me to work with them. This is fine although im not sure what the norm is and what to take in? I gave them their old passports to look at as has what they can/can't do as they asked for these.

Also do i need to give them a letter or is theirs good enough?
    Thanks

June 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow. I'm jealous. I've not had other setting contact me yet. It's always me chasing them for everything and getting nothing (I keep photocopying letters they bring from pre school as they don't want to share anything else ... so that at least I have something to show to Ofsted).
    I would also share planning ... maybe once a month a quick update what they'll be up to.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i would embrace it with both hands. I'd do a short note/letter introducing yourself, how long you have worked with the child etc. I have permission for for parents to agree to open 3-way information sharing between parents, me, settings.

I give parents a transition report for child and the LJ incase they want to share it with setting.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

sept 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thaks guys. I'm quite happy to do that just not sure on how to word it..any ideas?! Do i just show them planning sheets?
    Thanks

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I introduced myself to their key worker - every term we exchange LJ's after the summative reports and make comments in each others. We also share our planning and I add some of it to mine. They should be happy to do this as it shows Mrs O that they are working with us as well as the other way round