Thread: Care to Learn

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Care to Learn

Hi everybody

Just had an enquiry for a child who's mum goes to uni, i'm assuming she is going to use care to learn !!!
    Just wondered if you ladies or gents have had any experience with care to learn and what your views are on the matter
    Jo Jo

jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi i have had these before, takes a lot to set up and you may be waiting for your payment to start with but after that ran well. If your willing to chase them to start with i would say go for it.

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I have dealt with them before and had lots of hassle, but if its money that you arent relying on to pay your bills, then I would use them again. You do get the money but sometimes you need to chase and it was late for me, but as it was money to save for holiday and extras it didnt affect our month to month bills.

Mar02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

If you search through old threads on here, you will find the 2 and a half years of hell I had with them.

Yes, I did get paid, all of the money I asked for, but sometimes it was over a month late and I think one time it was 9 weeks late.

If you can afford to 'forget' about being paid and then its a nice surprise when it does go in, then thats ok.
    However, you will need to chase them several times if it doesnt go in.

I do, have a gorgeous 5yr old mindee as a result though and mum now pays me as she qualified as a nurse.

Good luck
    Rachel x

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RachelE View Post
    Hi,

If you search through old threads on here, you will find the 2 and a half years of hell I had with them.

Yes, I did get paid, all of the money I asked for, but sometimes it was over a month late and I think one time it was 9 weeks late.

If you can afford to 'forget' about being paid and then its a nice surprise when it does go in, then thats ok.

I do, have a gorgeous 5yr old mindee as a result though and mum now pays me as she qualified as a nurse.

Good luck
    Rachel x
    I had a year of it too Rachel and during that time only 2 payments were on time without the stress of having to chase them all the time. The first payment I didnt get until November and it was nice cos it paid for xmas, then it went downhill from then and all payments were at least 2 weeks late. I did get all the money they owed me, but it took time.

Aug 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Every payment to me for the last year has been on time

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RachelE View Post
    Hi,

Good luck
    Rachel x
    I had a hell of a time setting it all up but since then I haven't had any problems. They kept asking for bank details and proof of my bank account then mum put the wrong birth date down which held everything up again. But as at as I know it's all set up and being paid regularly.

Aug 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing I would recommend is that anything that you send to them when you are setting up your account with them is sent by recorded delivery. They lost a lot of my documents many times.

Mar 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips and advice ladies,
    Jo Jo

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had care to learn for a year when I filled out the form I said I needed payment in advance. I was paid two weeks early every month. Never had a problem in fact were my best payers.

MAY 10
    Post Thanks / Like

me too, never had a problem, always got paid in advance and through the holidays when she wasnt at college to keep the place open

Sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I took on a baby short term (8 weeks) while the parents finished their GCSE's last term. It took about 8 weeks to sort out the payment, and I got paid all the money the week after he left me! Mum & dad have now decided to stay on at 6th form, so I have LO back FT now I had to fill out new forms, and wondered how long payment would be. However, they paid me last Friday for the whole of September (they pay monthly in advance).

Just wondered if Care to Learn is the scheme you would be using though? I think Care to Learn is for young learners (up to 20) and doesn't cover Higher Education (ie Uni). I think Uni's do a childcare bursery or grant. have just filled out forms for another parent, but the money gets paid to her & then she pays me.
    HTH

Mar 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
    I took on a baby short term (8 weeks) while the parents finished their GCSE's last term. It took about 8 weeks to sort out the payment, and I got paid all the money the week after he left me! Mum & dad have now decided to stay on at 6th form, so I have LO back FT now I had to fill out new forms, and wondered how long payment would be. However, they paid me last Friday for the whole of September (they pay monthly in advance).

Just wondered if Care to Learn is the scheme you would be using though? I think Care to Learn is for young learners (up to 20) and doesn't cover Higher Education (ie Uni). I think Uni's do a childcare bursery or grant. have just filled out forms for another parent, but the money gets paid to her & then she pays me.
    HTH
    Thank you
    yes your right, its a childcare grant through uni, i realised that when filling out the forms, parent will get it paid to her account termly with her bursery !! Lets hope i get paid !!
    Jo Jo