Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default what shoes do you wear??

ok so I know its a strange question but my feet hurt!! I've had so many shoes fall apart on me because once I find a comfy pair I just wear them all the time. My last pair were pretty rank and I was just thinking I needed to get some new ones when they fell apart. Now I'm wearing some sandals but they are not very comfortable and as I am doing 3 school runs a day at the moment I could really do with a decent pair. All summer I have been wearing sandals that are strapped over the top and behind ankle (lke activity ones) but need proper shoes for winter. I like wearing hiking boots and trainers but coudl do with a proper pair of casual shoes that are comfy (and durable) but I am too tight to spend a lot of money!!
    so i was just curios - what type of shoe do you wear?

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered some new Uggs, I find them so comfortable and very warm in the winter.

But I tend to wear a range of shoes, depending on what I am wearing lol, I even have some lovely heels

But in the winter it is mainly Uggs!

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I just wear black pumps, they are comfortable, cheap to keep replacing and I am led to believe by my younger cousin that they are fashionable.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

There was another thread on this last week, something like daft question, try a search on flitflops I know some minders talked about them on that post

It was stupid question but.. Sorry I can't do links
    Last edited by blue bear; 12-09-2012 at 08:47 PM.

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I love my converse look a likes. But not very practical in the rain. I sensibly bought a pair of boots for winter but they are not comfortable. I also wear a pair of fashion trainers. As I dont want embarass the children
    Last edited by kel1983; 12-09-2012 at 08:52 PM.

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok so I confess I love my converse shoes they are comfy, have a practical sole and are fairly light.

I know they are expensive to buy new, which is why I have bought mine, including a fab pink sequinned pair, from ebay and they are my favourites

Jul 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm wearing converse at the minute but will be in uggs very soon and will be till summer when i will change to flip flops
    Love Amanda

july 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Ecco, they always fit really well, and last for years! I had one pair for ten years
    But they were so comfy, I always buy Ecco now, I look out in the sales because I can't afford to buy new.

Post Thanks / Like

I love fitflops for the summer, soooo comfortable (don't know if the fitness aspect works or whether it's just marketting) and they can be found relatively cheaply here.
    If it's wet or in winter I have a pair of clarks ankle boots (reheeled and resoled several times), a pair of trainers and my walking boots (if it's snowy/icy)

dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Next do a fab range called sole survivors, there so comfy it's like wearing slippers, they do all different kinds, I like the ballet pump style but they do lots of other kinds as well they cost about £38 but they are leather and last a long time, hth. X

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

wow - yes a bit pricey! Do you think I coudl get away with putting it down as a business expense!

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I go with weather, sandles, shoes, flipflops, always best is trainers all kind weather especially if you got pushchair never wear heels oooooh!! I had terrible experince..

jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

i love a nice comfy pair of clarks shoes . im wearing boots now as its freezing here.

xx

May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaReed84 View Post
    I just ordered some new Uggs, I find them so comfortable and very warm in the winter.

But I tend to wear a range of shoes, depending on what I am wearing lol, I even have some lovely heels

But in the winter it is mainly Uggs!
    I've just bought some Emu's. Kept promising myself a pair and now I am earning an "ok" wage figured I can justify it. Soooo comfy I could actually sleep in them. Hurray for ugly comfy boots!!

Post Thanks / Like

Im a fitflop girl x been wearing their summer flip flops for ages but have now got their fitflop shoes and its heaven for my feet xx yeah their expensive but as we are on our feet all day I feel its worth it. and they last and last and last and last x

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

ballet pump style in the summer ,long boots in the winter ... find trainers ugly and uncomfortable , cant cope with flipflops between my toes... so tend to stick to my old faithfuls!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i have a pair of blundstone boots. expensive, esp as the last pair came from australia !!! ( they are an australian working boot! ) but sooo comfortable! they last for a few years.

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

FlyFlots, it's like walking on air
    Toothfairy

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I tend to go for skate trainers - Airwalk, Vans etc, at the moment I'm having to wear my boots that I wear on the bike due to my trainers falling off my feet lol. The children love it when I wear my Iron Fist, Zombie Stomper shoes. They call them my monster feet

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mum24 View Post
    I love Ecco, they always fit really well, and last for years! I had one pair for ten years
    But they were so comfy, I always buy Ecco now, I look out in the sales because I can't afford to buy new.
    I bought a couple of pairs of Ecco shoes (suede trainers and short jodphur type shoe/boots) because I have a problem with arches on my feet and to start with I hated them (not very stylish), I did buy them in the outlet shop at Clarks Village, Street but still costs nearly £80 for 2 pairs. They are the most comfortable shoes I have every owned, but where I wear the short boot ones to toddlers groups and sit on the floor - I have worn through on the toe and they can't be repaired - am gutted - have had them about 3 years, wish they had lasted 10, like mum24's. I struggle in the summer to find something that supports my feet as too hot for shoes, did buy pair of birkenstocks which are ok but they make my knees ache as they are so flat, think I may look at fitflops - interesting to see they do shoes, may have a look.

And no bluelion you can't put them through as business expense - many years ago you were allowed to put through a sensible pair of shoes and strangly enough pairs of tights - think we had same rules as nurses!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast