Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Self registration ideas

I'm firing on all cylinders and feel very motivated at the moment - long may it continue!

I've got a door just inside my entrance hall that I plan to use as a large noticeboard for parents (by blu-tacking). It's actually the downstairs toilet door but I assume everyone will shut the door when 'doing their business' so I don't see that should be a hygiene issue!

I'd like to use the bottom part of the 'noticeboard' for the children to clock in and out I was thing of doing it in a similar way to my dd's nursery by having cards - the little ones will have their photo and name underneath, as they get older I'll do another one with a picture they've drawn and their name underneath and in their final year before school replace it with a card just showing their name.

My question is how can I do it so they can put the cards on and off but not cause permament damage to my door? I don't want to be screwing anything onto the door in case I have a change of career!

At the nursery they have velcro on the back of the cards which then sticks to the smooth part of the velcro. Another idea I had is to hole punch the cards and tie some ribbon through them but then I would need plastic stick on hooks on the door - would this be a hazard as they would be child height?

Any ideas/suggestions gratefully received while I'm still motivated and planning to do all this at the weekend!
    Cazz x

Jan 84
    Post Thanks / Like

My little ones put their photo onto a laminated page which I also put the date on, the day, the weather, this is just stuck on the wall with blue tack, (the photos are also stuck with blue tack).
    Teacake2

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a magnetic board (quite expensive though and needs fixing to the wall).

I bought some 'design a magnet' packs from Baker Ross.

I took the younger children's photo's and put them on the card that comes with the pack, I then wrote their name alongside the photo and put the clear cover over it to protect it all.

The children that I know can recognise their name, I just wrote the name on to theirs.... (shows progression).

The children love to find their name when they come in and a couple also say, 'I go home now so I on that side'

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good :)
    Post Thanks / Like

At school they use Velcro stuck on tabs.

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

second the velcro sticky tabs, think you can buy 200 for around £2 in Wilkos (in the painting dept)

I made ours at pre-school we did an apple tree, with apples.

Or just to completley throw you off on another tangent, how about a bost box with a postcard x

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a free standing notice board cork/white board - on floor in lounge - I have A4 laminated sheet "Who has come to play today?" and a set of registration cards with child's name and a picture of something that starts with their initial eg: Amelia - Apple, intended as they get older to replace with just their name but the younger children still associate the names with the pictures, so not sure.

Then I have another laminated sheet "What shall we play with today?" and a set of cards which are photos of the toy boxes.

Children self register and then when all children are here we have a discussion of which toys they would like to play with and do the day, date and weather sheet which are on another laminated sheet. I have a few toys out for when they first arrive.

All of the cards get fixed onto the laminated sheets with blue tac.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i used to have a laminated sheet of card with velcro dots on, blutacked to the inside door near my front door, and then photos/names with velcro in a little box and they put them on the sheet.

having moved i don't have a suitable place to put the blutacked velcro sheet!

i have tried pegging photos to a 'washing line' hung across the edge of the table in the hall that the attendence register is on.

then i bought one of those photo display tree things http://www.amazon.co.uk/Multiple-Hea...7455489&sr=8-8 i love it but it isn't strong enough to stand up to heavy handed LOs (i've bought a new one but just use it for notes to parents etc)

i am now using a little display board http://www.primaryteaching.co.uk/det...1~0340CAT00022 with a couple of strips of velcro across the front and all the photos in a little box ( although i might use velcro and put them on the back! ) so far so good! i have several of these boards and use them for all sorts of things, but this one had been left in the sun and then a LO was putting all sorts of things in the plastic pocket and it was stretched, so i cut it off and just have a plain plastic front.

i used to have a LO who liked to eat blutack, so have always used velcro!

Dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I do the same as teacake2 and have a laminated sheet with who's here today? And they have a picture with a photo of them and their name on it which they move with blue tack.

nov09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

i use a felt board and all names, weather etc are printed laminated cut out and i stick small velcro dots on them

Pipsqueak Guest

mine all just shout loudly as they arrive -

'I'm here' and i take that as self registration.

then they all say

'goodbye' when they leave

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsqueak View Post

then they all say

i like that!

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

then they all say

same here

july 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Pipsqueak - that is so funny and so true... I did have a board with photos with blu tack, but they all love themselves so much they used to put the photos on and off all day, I just couldn't stand it any more, so I let them keep their photos and they just shout as they come in...

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one if those huge hanging plastic things that take 20 odd photos . It hangs on the back of the door and I update regularly and the mindees love to look at them
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

then they all say

Cazz x

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to see if I can find some of the velcro things and use a piece of card blu-tacked to the door to fix them on to.
    Cazz x