Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Letter from the Queen

Back during the Jubilee the children all made a card for the Queen and we sent it to her at Buckingham palace. We didnt think anymore of it until Saturday when we received an envelope stamped Buckingham palace and addressed to the children by name.

Inside there was a general card with pictures of the Queen and message to thank everyone for their kind wishes.

There was also a letter again with all their names on, thanking them for the card they had made for the Queen. It was written by her lady in waiting obviously not the Queen herself but its still very exciting to get something back. I think the parents are more excited than the children.

Thats something nice to put in our scrapbook along side the photo of the card the children made and them holding it.

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh that's lovely!

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

BuggsieMoo Guest

We did the same and got the same back - but a few months back now. It tied in nicely as I was closing the setting where I was located and moving so it was a nice final thing to go in their LJ's x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We sent a letter that we all wrote and got a reply about a month ago. The children had asked lots of questions and we got some info sheets. I have mainly after school children and getting them to do individual bits became a nightmare so we joined up. I was also much more excited when our letter came then the kids well, I had my ds and a holiday mindee who wasn't here when I done the letter but was included. I have told the kids they can show it in school but they have said no.

Post Thanks / Like

That's lovely. We also sent cards and pictures but haven't heard anything so maybe there is still time.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    That's lovely. We also sent cards and pictures but haven't heard anything so maybe there is still time.

Miffy xx
    Im sure you will receive a reply. It did say in the letter they apologise for the time it has taken them. So you never know.

I have photocopied a copy fr ech of the children and will put a pic of the card with it so they have something to take home.