Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Fire drill log

Registered Childminder since
    May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fire drill log

Morning all,

I was just wondering if any of you would be willing to share with me your fire drill log? Just want to ensure that I am noting all that I should be and can't find any really helpful template from my good friend Google.

Thanks in advance lovelies x

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i just note the date, time and which children were with me.

then any issues that arose ( or not! )

i don't write it down, but i also try to make sure that we don't always go out of the front door, sometimes back door and once at my old house ... we climbed out of a window !!!

May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Fab, thank you. That's what I have had down, just didn't want to miss anything. Thank you x

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, in addition to loocylou's reply, I also note down which exit we use each time and this was something that my Ofsted inspector was pleased with and commented on.

Apr 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If you pm me your email address, I will send you mine.

Linda.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I just write mine down in a notebook and try to think of a different scenerio each time ie: we are in all in lounge and there is fire in kitchen or one child with me in lounge and 2 kids upstairs in travel cot.

Make sure you rotate the day each month you practise it on if you have different children each day - I light a match under my smoke alarm so it really goes off and if kids haven't got any shoes on and it is raining we still go outside and pretend to ring Fire Brigade.

Post Thanks / Like

I do the same as Loocyloo and posy.

Sometimes I get another childminder to ring me - don't know when etc - she will give me a scenario like the fire is in the lounge and then I get the children out. Ofsted really liked this.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all, fab idea about getting someone else to call you and give a scenario.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

My garden isn't currently registered for care, but we have two back doors - one from playroom, one from kitchen, which both lead onto the garden. I have never used either of these exits for fire drills (as the garden isn't registered) but they are both listed as possible emergency exits. Can I use them for a drill regardless? We spend a lot of our time in the two rooms so they are probably the most likely exits I'd use in a real fire! I didn't discuss this with inspector when she visited in July, but she seemed happy we used the front door for drills.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I note time, date, children present and which exit we used. You can also set a smoke alarm off (by pressing the button not setting a fire) to give them something to react to.

When I first started minding DD1 was 4 and on my first working inspection the inspector asked about drills and before I could answer a small voice said "If the fire is at the back we go out the front door, if the fire is at the front we go out the back door, if we can't get to the doors we go out the window and dial 999 and ask for a fire engine" We got brownie points