Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Devasted

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Devasted

This is just a vent thread.....

Well yesterday was a bit of a nightmare to put it short and sweet, most things went wrong! At 5.45pm, it got worse - my kitchen set alight!! I had to extinguish the fire but am devasted. All I can say all the practice in the world did not prepare me for it. I hit an all time shock motion....everything mechanical. One of the clients who was there picking her 8 yr old daughter up said I was so calm and organised!!! I was like huh?

To make it worse I am 90% sure it was the 6 year old boy! When I rang his mum she told me she was working!!!! SO i sent him to the other childminder he uses who is also my emergency contact....she has known him much longer than me and said he had an incredible look of guilt on his face and I had seen it too but thought i was being paranoid.....he hasn't admitted to it and frankly I don't want to know if he did or didn't now. I am just non cooking now! Funny i always find an excuse to buy a take away but yet now i have the excuse and don't want it!!!

I love my little girl, she was the one who told me there was a fire and bless she doesn't talk well but she pulled on my legs and turned me around! She is my little hero and as much as she is my daughter and it's expected that i would protect her and try and blame someone else, every parent and childminder who spends enough time with kids knows them well enough to know the little things they do to show remorse or some form of guilt.

Luckily ofsted just want a written report and an action plan!

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh goodness what a fright. I hope there is not too much damage and you can get back to normal. How do you think it was started?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry i meant to write how it started but head all over the place.

Would you believe i was about to wash up the highchair table top thingy, door bell rang, i went to answer left on the worktop. Just a minute amount of the table edge touched the electric hob. The kid switched the hobs, oven and grill on and it just melted away. Luckily my little girl alerted before too much damage happened but need to check things out. All toys etc needs to be cleaned as does the tops etc. we had to throw our kettle and toaster away

Daughter and i had to go hospital too .

Mar 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear glad your all okay though it could have been much worse x
    Jo Jo

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

That's terrible, so glad everyone is ok. I would be having a very serious word with little boy!
    Cath

july 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

You did really really well under the circumstances, almost certain I would not have been as calm and collected.
    Treat you and your daughter to something really nice over the weekend

jun 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done for staying so calm and be kind to yourself now xx We had a minor fire once when the evil dishwasher decided to set fire to the plug - hubby and I dealt with it all fine but I had delayed shock afterwards Thank goodness your little girl alerted you, hope you are all ok now xxx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my word. So glad you are all okay. What a shock for you. x

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

How terrible for you! As others have said, just glad you are both OK and not too much damage was done

May 91
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Glad your safe

Gosh what a dayyou have had. Well done for coping so well and try not to keep reliving the moments. Get plenty of rest and I am sure in time you will be fine. Enjoy your weekend

Post Thanks / Like

What a horrible shock for you. Glad everyone is OK and hope there is not too much damage.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!