Really need to 'tighten my belt'.  What are your tips?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Registered Childminder since
    dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Going to the supermarket at the right time of day will save you about 90+ % on your shopping, late in the evening or on a Sunday just before they close you will get bread for 2p a loaf, cold meats from the Delhi for about 5p for about 10 slices of meat, big joints of meat for £2.00, finest quiches (big ones) 50p instead of £4.50, fruit/veg 10p a bag, sausage rolls/pies etc for 20p a packet, the list is endless, as long as you have a freezer to put them in your fine, hth. X

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jods View Post
    I keep my horses on a fibre based diet, and on 24/7 grazing x

(in winter) One bag of Allan and Page fast fibre lasts my lot about 2 weeks, so at £9 ish a bag, £18 a month, I use chopped bedding as chaff which is £5 a bag and lasts a month, and if its really cold a bag of sugar beet a month £7 (so thats £30) and then 1 large bale of haylage for the lot £20 x

Farrier is £100 for 6, as only 2 have front shoes, and I get him out every 8 weeks x

I rent 13 arcres, and sub let out roughly 1/2 to others which covers my rent 100% and leaves me £100 spare each month x it is hard work at times as I have to maintain the fencing, weeds, barn but its worth my time for the savings in keeping my own.
    One life live it

Dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We buy things like clothes washing liquid and conditioner in Macro or Booker - big industrial size bottles usually on offer if there we often check out boxes of crisps, tins of beans/sweetcorn/tomatoes etc, multipacks of baby wipes, squash, toilet rolls and paper hand towels. Not always cheaper and you have to remember to add the tax on but always worth a look as a childminder you are classed as a business so easy to get a card xx
    xx

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    i forgot about the dog he costs me £47.00 every 3 weeks as he has a delicate stomach
    Mmm that's boxers for you, son' s dog is the same, she can't have many treats ,bones etc because of her delicate tummy

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234