Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Babysitting fees?

Hi, I have been pmed via Facebook by a Mum looking for a babysitter 3pm-11pm once a month on a sat. It's 3 children aged 11,4 and 2. Mum has asked how much I would charge and I'm not sure my normal fee times 3 would not be what she is expecting. Not sure if I want to do it any way. but the extra money would be handy.
    Thanks

Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

When you say babysitting, I assume you mean in her home? If at yours, I would charge 3 times your normal "out of hours" rate, but for babysitting (which will hopefully largely be watching TV while kiddies sleep!) I charge less. I charge 7.50 an hour/part hour before midnight and 10.00/(part) hour after assuming they are local (minimum charge 30). If there is a longish drive I would add a bit extra for my extra time & petrol.

Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry = just reread the times. I probably would charge 3 times my usual rate for up to bedtime.

FWIW I just had a little girl for an odd couple of days and was a bit apologetic about charging my out of hours rate ogf six pounds an hour but Mum said oh that's fine, the nanny agency she had contacted had quoted her eighteen!