Checking numbers are ok - brain has gone blank!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Play Assistant
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Checking numbers are ok - brain has gone blank!

Just checking our numbers, we are worried about Tuesday and Thursday from Sept.

I work as my DW's assistant and we can have:

Care for no more than 6 under 8yrs; of these no more than 3 in the ey age group, not more than one under 1yr.

When caring for 4 or 5yr children in full time education, may increase number in the EY by number of children in full time education.

Tuesday:

1yr - every fortnight
    1yr
    2yr

4yr

8yr
    9yr

We have had an enquiry for another 4yr

Thursday:

1yr - every fortnight
    1yr
    2yr

4yr

7yr (8 in 20days or so)

and maybe the new 4yr, this is the first time we will be full of ey's properly and im not sure (having a brainache moment here, been helping to re-write policies all night argghhh lol)

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Is the 4 year old who is currently on your books before and after school only?

Is the new 4 year old also in full time school - not settling in?

Apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

To me that sounds fine - that is assuming the 4 year olds are in school?

On the Tuesday it would give you 4 (possibly 5) under 8 which is within your numbers and on Thursday you will have 5 (possibly 6) for a little while which is still within your numbers.

Just double check your home insurance as I know some policies do not allow more than the 6 in the house at any one time.

HTH

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Check you have enough room to fulfil the floorspace requirements.

Also, your certificate should specify a different set of numbers/ratios that applies when you are assisting your DW.

If that all applies, then the numbers you state look fine.

Beyond that, the trick is to teach the older ones how to change nappies.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Play Assistant
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes the 4yrs are full time education and then pickup from 3:30pm to 6:30pm-ish. DW has this all written etc.

We have one over 8 and he is a little star! he will get involved and will do craft activities but the really good thing is, he helps my OH! He will help round up mindee's, joins in with the ey's etc. but runs a mile at nappy change time lol

Anyway I will get my OH to double check but I think our home insurance is ok with the numbers, assuming it is home insurance and not ncma? sorry im really frazzled at the moment helping out with paperwork, helping to write new policies for stubborn parents who fail to pay that kinda thing.

Also the space requirement thing is 3.5sqm for the older one's isnt it? will clarify that with the oh in a minute?

Thanx guys

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a reminder, since you have a mix of ages. Although EYFS is changing, the Childcare Register requirements are not changing next month. This means we still need certain written policies, risk assessments, etc. to be in place.

My DO mentioned this to a room full of CMs at which point a worried silence decended.