DO YOU HAVE A BABY BUMBO SEAT?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DO YOU HAVE A BABY BUMBO SEAT?

jumpinjen Guest

Have borrowed one and used it on the floor when playing occasionally but don't own one - not great is it - I note most of the fractures were from improper use though..... poor Lo's

Registered Childminder since
    jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had one when my ds was small, didn't like them then, but I can't imagine why you would put the bumbo anywhere but on the floor
    x helen

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one and just read the article too.

I won't be using it any more

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one but I caught a lo climbing out of it. now the older ones use it to put the dolls in!
    One family I know put their's on the table to feed their lo, same lo I caught climbing out of mine

APR 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one.

Thats terrible

Post Thanks / Like

We had one give us by a parent, only ever used it on the floor!!

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

I was lent one, used it a couple of times and gave it back, i really didn't like it at all. I used the bouncy chair until the baby was old enough to. Go into the high chair

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used them for years and absolutely love them, especially for little ones in the paddling pool.

I find it quite sad that a company with and excellent product has to suffer because a a few stupid adults who haven't got enough common sense to use the product safely.

They are the twits that don't use car seat or if they do they don't strap the child in properly or the ones like the one I saw in town this afternoon, with a little baby in a buggy with no straps on and not got the imagination to wonder what would happen if they hit a bump, got hit or tripped so the baby would fall out of the buggy and get hurt.

There are some and thankfully few people in this world who seem to think that rules, safety advise, insurance and the law don't apply to them and I have no sympathy with or for them when things go wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

They have these at the childrens centre - the first time I saw it I had no idea what it was! I think they're awful, and I wouldn't use one.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

first time I saw one a new mindee (just potty training) pulled down her pants and did a wee in it she thought it was a potty.

seriously though for short safe put downs whilst you do something they are fab, but for longer leaving baby safe, they are not
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think bumbos are great - the problem is people misusing them!

Cx

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Must admit i have never had one always thought like the juggler they look like pottys.

Also my friend had one and ds was able to get out it within minutes so didnt seem worth paying for it. However friend had had given to her by her sister who put he dd in it on top of the dining room table and yes she got out and landed on the floor

My friend liked them and used probably never had an accident
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never used them and never would.
    Jen

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Must admit i have never had one always thought like the juggler they look like pottys.

Also my friend had one and ds was able to get out it within minutes so didnt seem worth paying for it. However friend had had given to her by her sister who put he dd in it on top of the dining room table and yes she got out and landed on the floor

My friend liked them and used probably never had an accident
    But they are only meant to be used until the child can sit up on their own. I have used them for years love them and never had a child get out of one because I stopped using them long before they get to that stage. If people used them the way they were intended they would not have any problems at all.

Why should the manufacturers be downed for people's stupidity and apparent inability to use a product according to the manufacturers recommendations?

Its the same as parents and some minders using trampolines and not following the manufacturers recommendations and then children like the one I met last week breaking arms because there were 6 children on their trampoline at the same time

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by christine e View Post

Cx
    Absolutely Christine. I'm glad I'm not the only one who agrees this

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by christine e View Post

Cx
    I agree too. I had one for my daughter, it was a god send for her

xx

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    But they are only meant to be used until the child can sit up on their own. I have used them for years love them and never had a child get out of one because I stopped using them long before they get to that stage. If people used them the way they were intended they would not have any problems at all.

Why should the manufacturers be downed for people's stupidity and apparent inability to use a product according to the manufacturers recommendations?

Its the same as parents and some minders using trampolines and not following the manufacturers recommendations and then children like the one I met last week breaking arms because there were 6 children on their trampoline at the same time
    Oh my ds was not sitting up when he escaped - he was an little escape artist though still is actually

Thats why i didnt think it was worth it. As i say my friend used it and probably still has it it just wasnt suitable for me and mine.

I think its a shame they have had to be recalled because of people not using them correctly its just my personal perference not to have had one
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

My SIL got one for her youngest girl. Then the older one while playing triped over and bashed her nose on it blood every where it's now called the mean potty by her.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've actually got a Mamas & Papas Snug. It's similar to the Bumbo, but is intended for older children as well. I love it. The younger babies are very comfortable in it and even the 3yr olds use it as a chair. It's only ever on the floor and babies are only in it if I'm there with them. The older children climb in and out as they want to.

When I was looking to buy it I read lots of reviews. I was amazed at the number of them that said how great it is putting it on a table so the child can see what's going on