AGGHHH - I've broken my camera - AGAIN!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default AGGHHH - I've broken my camera - AGAIN!!

My camera has broken again - I'm so annoyed - I've been really looking after it after I dropped my last one. My last one I'd had for years and I dropped it and it was kaputt so I bought a new one - this was November. The new one wasn't a really pricey one but they cost enough so I have been looking after it and won't let any of the children use it - not even mine which is a shame as they all like taking pics but i'm worried about it getting broken. ANyway yesterday with mindee in park adn the thing comes up wth an error message and won't work - shuts itself off. Now i can get it to stay on but none of the buttons work. GGRRRR so annoyed! Will have to look out all the paperwork and hope all the pieces are still in box so i can maybe get a replacement/repair. But it is our fair week this week so loads going on that I don't want to miss and I use my camera all the time with mindees.

Can anyone recommend a good camera - there are some quite flash ones for £100 but that is more than my price range really - more than my last basic point and click - and then you have to buy all the accessories seperately - seems a bit much for minding - then there is also a 'tough' one for £150 but again over my price range really!

What does everyone else do - do you have a 'cheap' camera for minding or a flash all purpose one? My son has a kiddi camera that is durable but pictures are not so great on it.

Also is a camera something that is covered on house insurance - I suppose it depends on policy but has anyone ever claimed for something like this - is it worth it with excess charged?

may 84
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry no help about getting new camera or the insurance but saw your post after posted about my SD card error and hope your camera hasnt lost the photos on your card.

Technology sometimes I wish I could just take out a roll of film and take it to be developed.

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

oh no - did you lose a lot of photos? What a shame - I have being trying to get into the habit of up loading them onto my computer every day because I have started a new parent page. I share photos from the day with the parents. I only had photos from that day and because it broke half way through the day I switched to using my mobile. Not so good and quite a delay on the shutter working so often miss the moment! Had some moments that I'd made an observation on tho so would have been nice to have the photo to go with it!
    Can you get your SD card repaired do you think? Actually thnking about it I can probably remove the card and put it into my computer to remove the photos like that. Will try later.
    Really thinking that I might get a cheap cheap camera and if it can take clear pictures and take them without too much delay will make do with that and then if I can ever afford a 'nice' camera I can get one but keep it for family not minding!

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Panasonic luminx tz3, you can only get them second hand now and were £300 when new but boy does it bounce, it's got lots of extra metal in it that means its harder to break have a look on eBay. I know it's always a risk buying second hand but they are such good cameras.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Look in the sales at currys, they do good ones. Take out whatever happens guarantee for a little extra and they will replace it if it breaks. I have a Sony cyber-shot which is good, easy to use, 12.1 mega pixels..... Cost about £120 last year in the summer sales.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I went through a phase of dropping them Now I only use them with a strap.

I have 2 - one nice one for me - a Kodak with 10 megapixels, zoom etc.

I bought a second hand refurbished Kodak for the children and they love it and use it a lot. I won't mind it it's broken as it didn't cost a lot - but still make sure they use the strap and think about where they are putting it down etc.

Hth

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry no help on the technical side of things, but my camera was very cheap, Pinched it off hubby and he had to buy another one cost him £300 approx
    Cath

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much - probably will just get a cheap one - can't afford a proper new one and it will tide me over until I know what will happen to my broken one. This one just seems to have broken for no reason and the last one I broke myself so can't even blame the kids!
    Might drop hints for money toward a nicer one for Christmes!
    I managed to get the photos off and delete them by inswrting memory card straight to computer. Thank you!

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a TZ20 its fantastic. I try not to let the children play with it.

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

So glad you managed to get your photo's off your camera, it's given me a kick up the bum to get mine onto laptop just finished put them onto memory card for it hopefuly i won't delete them.
    Cath

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue bear View Post
    I have a Panasonic luminx tz3, you can only get them second hand now and were £300 when new but boy does it bounce, it's got lots of extra metal in it that means its harder to break have a look on eBay. I know it's always a risk buying second hand but they are such good cameras.
    I have a lumix too it's my second as my daughter broke the screen on mine and I wanted to replace it. This time I took out a 3 yr insurance police which cost £17 but means any damage what's so ever they immediately replace it like for like.

I love the lumix so easy to use and not too expensive

Although having said that I do tend t use my phone for photos for work