Losing Children
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Losing Children

Post Thanks / Like

Default Losing Children

to secondary school!

I had a "card" today from one of my mindees who is off to secondary school in Sept.

It was a piece of a4 folded in half and written on the front in blue biro it said "Best Childminder K"

inside it said: Thanks so much for looking after me for the past 3 years, you are the best childminder EVER!!!!. You are EPIC. I am so sad that I am leaving you but will obviously see you at St L. Lots of Love from T (lots of hearts and kisses)

On the opposite side it said: I don't know what I am going to do without you

omg - talk about reducing me to tears - bless her heart - I showed her mum when she picked up and she was nearly as teary as me.

I have lost 4 this week and its going to feel really strange without them when school starts again.

Registered Childminder since
    June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I know exactly how you feel. I have said goodbye to 4 children this week and I have never felt so sad in my life!

This job definitely has it's down but there are so many more ups.

Over the years you get attatched to these children and find out so much about their little personalities, I said goodbye to my mindee who has been with me for the past 2 years, emotional and heartbreaking are the words I would describe it and I feel totally empty right now, I never thought I would feel like this but she meant a lot to me and we have had so much fun together.

When she left she said 3 little words that she has never said before "I love you" that was it, i'm crying now glad it's the weekend

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

How lovely, it means so much more when directly from the children I would have been in tears too
    Cath

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I tend to find they stay the first winter so they are not going home to an empty house ... then they disappear in the spring. I always give them the option to stay a little longer for a reduced rate (if I like them)

It's sad when some of them go

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    I tend to find they stay the first winter so they are not going home to an empty house ... then they disappear in the spring. I always give them the option to stay a little longer for a reduced rate (if I like them)

I have a couple staying on until the spring term Sarah - I didn't offer a reduced rate though LOL

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I offer a safe house for the ones leaving to secondary school. I don't charge unless I drop off or collect from school and then it is only £5 each time.

I find that they gradually stop coming on their own as they get to do more after school and become independent
    Debbie

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, i have had one beautiful kind hearted girl i minded since she was three years old and now she is ten and leaving.

Been to the leavers assembly with tissue in hand sad watching kids going emotion makes me teary!!!! Had to hold my self up and have to move on. Bless her and all on this day!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post

I find this too - some parents like them to come here on the dark evenings. I don't offer a reduced rate though, most of mine eat me out of house and home as it is!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

oh hon, made me teary just reading that
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got