Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Eight Radical Solutions to the Childcare Issue

On today's BBC News site ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18826587

Its quite interesting to see that, so far, the majority of comments come from those who don't want their taxes to fund parent's childcare costs!

I'm starting to wonder if childcare is becoming this year's media victim. Every summer there is one subject they will pick up and knock and criticise to death. This year it seems to be us!
    Last edited by Bridey; 16-07-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Registered Childminder since
    june 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I can really see parents taking there children to work and looking after them at their desk. NOT! How on earth is that benifical for the child, we will have children can be seen but not heard policys in the work place

Feb 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting link

Maybe I should have become a banker after all

Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha, love the couple who are in early 20,s earn 90k but can't afford to have a baby because of childcare costs are they for real they earn 90k but expect me to lower my £3.60 per hour costs, dream on love. Believe it or not it's not all about you.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Hahaha, love the couple who are in early 20,s earn 90k but can't afford to have a baby because of childcare costs are they for real they earn 90k but expect me to lower my £3.60 per hour costs, dream on love. Believe it or not it's not all about you.
    Oh Zippy thats not very nice. They need their holidays and posh car and designer clothes etc why would you need to be able to feed your family for goodness sake get real

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't find the £90k pa but I feel sooo sorry for this couple life must be so hard for them.

They earn £150k pa and find it so hard paying £1500 a month in childcare for their twins and paying a mortgage on £600,00 house, they live in London.

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally would like to see the children/old people care centres open up.
    Mass nappy changes of young and old alike and plenty of liquidised food

feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to know where these nurseries are that pay their staff £8-£9 per hour are-that sounds like a more realistic rate for the responsibility practitioner's have, but the only people I know earning that kind of money work nights in the supermarket