Child at Nursery how would you charge for this?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Child at Nursery how would you charge for this?

I have a child going to Nursery 4 days a week in Sept. 2 days the mum will take her and I will collect at 12-5.30pm

2 days I will take her and collect at8.30-9.00 and 12 - 5.30pm

The 2 days I will take her I will charge full day - wrap around care.

But the 2 days mum will take her I was thinking of just charging my minimum rate per day, but saying that it is using up a space even if I am only collecting at 12.

How would you charge?
    Clorogue

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I usually charge full fees for the time they are at nursery. For me it leaves me 2 and half hours when I could potentially have another child but realistically who will want a space between 9am and 11.30 which is the time I would have free so as I can't fill the space and as the child will most probably need a full day space in school hols / inset days etc then I charge.

xxx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Does the mum want full time care in the holidays? If so then I would charge full fee for all of it to keep the space for that child.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It depends how desperate you are to fill your spaces to maximum capacity.

Like you, I would charge for a full day for the days when you drop off & collect from nursery. For the other days I would charge from 11.30am (the time I leave to collect the child). It does mean I am not earning money for those few hours in the morning, but I am happy to have a quieter time & don't always want to be completely full all the time. If the child then needed to come for full days in the holidays I would obviously charge the additional amount then.

If you want to earn the most you can though, then it is perfectly reasonable to charge a retainer for those hours on the days when mum drops off at nursery. If they need you for full days during holidays they need to pay a retainer to keep the morning space open to them.

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

if she wanted her to come to you when the nursery is shut then I would charge full days if she dosent then really I dont see that you can justify charging the whole day, on the other hand if she wont pay for the morning then in the holidays at least you get a morning off and I certainly wouldnt take her in the holidays.

oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No my agreement is that I won't have having her in the holidays and I am happy with that.

I really do value your answers and I will have to think about it it is just that if I charge wrap around care for the days I take her because I can't fill that space between Nursery hours then I should charge when I am only collecting from 12 as I can't fill in those hours also if you see what I mean. Yet with other children I have always charged minimum rate when I just collect from Nursery (I charge minimum 6 hour charge). After all these years I am struggling with this one because there are two days different.
    Clorogue

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If it was me I would not charge in the days mum takes her as you do not have her in the school holidays therefore the space could be filled

oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much everyone, really helps to ask!
    Clorogue

jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

ive got a new nursery starter in sept and her big sis school drop off.

i have decided to charge my morning rate and my school pick up rate. it works out at only £6.50 less than i would charge for a full day child and i get a nice afternoon off, so im happy. ive not given a sibling discount so its worked out very expensive for the 2 children and im happy and so is mum.

my toddler mindee is going to join my ds2 at playgroup for 2 mornings a week in sept and ive offered to pay the playgroup fee's because its me that will be getting a break and my own son will love having his friend with him.

i have to justify it to myself and do what i feel comfortable with.

x