Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    may 84
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default We should visit Nurseries

Went to a Managing Behaviour Conference today which was a mixture of Childminders and Day Nursery staff and apparently according to a 'lady' who has a placement at a Nursery we Childminders would benefit from visiting a Nursery to see how they work to the individual needs of the children, monitor etc. as we work alone with one or two children. Needles to say she got some dagger looks and a few comments.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You should have extended the invitation back so she could see the ways we personalise learning etc etc with our smaller ratios

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

These people make me laugh. Really upsets me when I have a visitor and they say oh it looks just like a little nursery as if that is a compliment

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

My new mindees mum,when she came for her visit couldn't believe that we do exactly the same obs,planning,etc as a nursery-in her own words "so basically it's the same as a nursery only he gets all your attention and you're cheaper??? Why doesn't everyone use childminders?!"

EXACTLY!!!!!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

cheeky flipping moo bag. how dare she
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by migimoo View Post
    My new mindees mum,when she came for her visit couldn't believe that we do exactly the same obs,planning,etc as a nursery-in her own words "so basically it's the same as a nursery only he gets all your attention and you're cheaper??? Why doesn't everyone use childminders?!"

EXACTLY!!!!!
    ahhh but cc's, nurseries don't shout about this too loudly as we would put them out of business

lol
    boo

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Some times i do get bit....... Aaah!!! My house looks like a nursery not like home......my big Wish is childminder's house like a home......NOT a nursery!!!

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Angry visiting nurseries

hi there, i was there at the conference as well on saturday, yes this lady was making everyone really angry! still cant work out why she was there, I actually follwed her up the road and when she finished her packet of crisps she put the packet over the wall of someones front garden!!!!!!!! hope shes not planning to become a childminder i think she would make a bad role model!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cat lady at 38 View Post
    hope shes not planning to become a childminder i think she would make a bad role model!!!!!!!
    From the comments she made at the meeting it seems she doesn't think much to childminders so don't think she would be planning to be one - thank goodness!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Jan 84
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think so, one of my mindees who left because the hv advised his mum that because of his disruptive behaviour he would be better off in a nursey was talking to me the other day and he told me the nursery don't like him and that because of his behaviour he has to be put in with the very young children (he is just 4) as he can only behaviour at the level of the younger ones. I asked mum if that was correct and she said yes he is always being put in with the little ones, what the nursery don't realise is, because they don't understand him, is he thinks it is great he prefers playing with the younger ones anyway. I told mum she should have complained and taken him out of there, but he starts school in September, but he is coming back to me for the last few weeks before he starts school.
    Teacake2

may 84
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi cat lady at 38, she said she was on a placement but cant remember if she said she wanted to open her own nursery. Someone did say she should spend a day with a childminder, not sure she heard though!
    Last edited by janminder; 08-07-2012 at 09:49 PM.