Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Need help

Registered Childminder since
    Sep 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Need help

Hi I'm a new Childminder and would like to know, do childminders offer the 15hours free for over 3yrs olds, like nuseries do? I had the question and not sure if you do? Also do you charge full prise when parents take holiday?

Thank you kindly
    Monique

Apr 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Childminders need to be accredited before they can offer the 15 hours nursery funding. I think in most areas you need to have joined the network and have/be working towards a Level 3.

Yes, I do charge full fee if children are on holiday.

Linda.

BucksCM Guest

Yes, childminders who are accredited can offer the 15 hours for 3-4 yo. You will need to talk to your DO to find out how to become accredited in your area. The hourly rates differ around the country.

Holiday pay is up to you. Some charge full, some half. There are other threads that can help you.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chello View Post
    Hi I'm a new Childminder and would like to know, do childminders offer the 15hours free for over 3yrs olds, like nuseries do? I had the question and not sure if you do? Also do you charge full prise when parents take holiday?

Thank you kindly
    Monique
    15hours free for over 3yrs olds: Yes- as previous replier said, but check with your local authority what they pay you for the free hours- here it is well below a CM's hourly fee. Also children have to be on role from beginning of a term. Every local authority has their own rules for becoming accredited, here you need to have Level 3 and be a network member (is free) which involves committing to being checked by local coordinator and agreeing to their quality standards.

When parents take holiday- yes, they pay full. If I am here and working it is full fee whether they use me or not.

md0u0131 Guest

yes you can get accredited to do so like the others have said.

I don't charge for holidays but from what I've read on here I seem to be in the minority - it's up to you though it's your business.

Sep 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for you advise I'll phone my council

Jun 03
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 15 hour entitlement

Hello Chello;

I used to be accredited as I wanted to offer the 15 hours free for parents but after 2 years of hard work and very little benefit I decided to stop offering funded places. There is so much paper work involved it takes the fun away from childminding as it was constant paper work.

I charged a minimal amount for my childminding as it was so when the cheques came from the entitlement which was a bit lower on the old systems (12.5 hours) I was under cutting my self by half. I have since spoken to ladies offering the funding on the new 15 hour system and they too are struggling.

You have to go through weeks and weeks of becoming accredited and in the end you may no longer have the child you were setting it up for - You have to have a child claiming this funding within 12 months or you have to start the whole process again.

You have to contact your local sure start center not council to access this service. The Networks are fantastic as training and support is always available and you can be on the network with or without accessing the funding.

Good Luck and I hope this has helped you
    Kindest regards
    Sal

Sep 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thank you kindly Sal, it does help