Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Childcare Vouchers

Hi,

I have a lady whose son is starting with me in September and she is going to use Computershare vouchers to pay me. I have not heard of these ones before.

Has anyone else used them and if so are they any good? And how do I register to be able to get paid through them?

Thanks

melco

Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I do not know if they are the same but my parents pay with Sodexo childcare vouchers. They gave me the details of the company- I went on on the website inputted my details and the parent did the same thing. Now each month I get the money straight into my account 3 working days after they had been paid. It was pretty simple to set up. You just need to find out what childcare voucher company they will be using as there is quite a few.

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mum will either pass your name & address to the voucher company and they will write to you or she will receive some literature directly to pass to you. That will explain what they need to know, how to tell them and how it all works. You don't need to have to worry about actively doing anything before this - unless you want to approach them yourself directly.

BucksCM Guest

One of my mums used them.
    They register and give your name, you get paperwork through to fill in and return.
    Money goes from parents pay into the account and then the parent will pay you from the account.
    You have to bear in mind that payments from voucher companies can take a little longer to come through, between 3-5 days from when the parent authorises payment, depending on the company.
    If I need the money on the friday, the parent needs to "pay" on the monday to make sure it all clears by the friday.
    IE. parent pays on the monday, Voucher company send me a confirmation e-mail on the tuesday and most of the time it's in my account on friday

Jan 03
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been paid using these vouchers for some years. Never had a problem

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

My parents use them and I havent had a problem, the parents gave me the forms to fill in,, it normaly takes about 4 days to hit my account

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would just keep an eye on them. I've had a few teething problems with some companies in the early days but things have improved. I once had a parent who thought she had set up automatic payment but hadn't. The money was leaving her account but not going into mine. As I had so many part timers I had missed the fact that she wasn't paying me.

It wasn't a problem - she pressed the button and all my past payments came through in one go ... about £800 which was lovely. There was no way I would have saved that amount myself!!