Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mindees and OH

Registered Childminder since
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mindees and OH

How is you OH when it comes to mindees?

DH is not a massive child person, he does like kids (some times lol) but he is not like me. Anyway I have two mindees here in the morning when DH leaves for work, DH will come in to the livingroom to say goodbye to our kids and give them a cuddle and a kiss.

Over the past few months mindee have been running up to him asking for a hug and kiss also. DH made a quick dash to the door because he felt weird... Today he actually gave them both a hug and a kiss along with our own children, now mindees seem to be over the moon lol.

DH said "Well I guess they are kinda family now"

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My husband high fives the mindees when he leaves for work and saves the kiss and cuddle for our own child. Everyone's happy

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think men are so scared nowadays of going near other people's children due to worry about being accused of doing something inappropriate. I think it is such a shame

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

He might also feel it's inappropiate to hug and kiss the mindees.

My hubby felt this at first. He got around it by giving them an nickname and high fiving them instead.

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Mindee who has been with me full time for 2.5yrs always calls my DH daddy! He feels uncomfortable and corrects him all the time. Little one doesn't have a daddy so I think he sees him as a father figure. DH is fantastic with the children - some days he's better than me

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Maybe its me but i dont expect my dh to kiss and cuddle the mindees. He is great at playing outside etc but thats as far as it goes. I think its hard enough on my children to have to share me but to have to share their precious daddy who is rarely here because of work
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

LOOPYLISA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bridey View Post
    I think men are so scared nowadays of going near other people's children due to worry about being accused of doing something inappropriate. I think it is such a shame
    Think your so right here

oct 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bridey View Post
    Too true. My husband is very friendly with children - he comes from a large family and his mom fostered hundreds so he has always been with lots of kids. I sometimes have to remind him he can't just talk to random children but he is like a kid magnet, they just start chatting to him out of the blue! My mindees are always thrilled when they see he is off for the day and barge past me to get to him!

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

my hubby would hug small ones if they wanted too and had been with us for a while.

He plays with them in the garden whilst I clear up after tea, I am in kitchen and can see, but it gives me a couple of mins downtime and he will pick them up and cuddle if they fall over and bring them to me. My little full timer actually likes him to do things for her, put her in the high chair, clean her up, she asks him to

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

my DH is great with all the minded children. he gets home just before they go home and they love to tell him what they've done during the day. we were at a jubilee event and saw some mindees ... they were much more excited to see DH than me!

ages ago i had a LO who was just starting to walk and DH used to walk her round and round round when he was there!!! in fact, i think seeing new walkers is what he loves best!

aug 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

I would not expect my OH to be giving mindees kisses and cuddles. He is fantastic at playing in the garden,indoors cutting out craft things ,helping with glue,we plant things together

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Today my other half brorght me a cup of tea and stayed in the play room while I drank it he sat on the couch. 2 yo mindie got a book with animal in went and sat next to oh. He took oh hand and held on to it with one hand turned the pages of book with the other and told him all the sounds the animals make. It looked so sweet.
    Although I think this mindie is his fave as mindie always says hello and bye to him whereas the others are too young to interact much, and the school children are well a bit snobbish if I'm honest.

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't expect DH to do anything, I have never encouraged DH to be anything other than himself around mindees. It is just the mindees kept saying "I have cuddle and kiss?" and DH would just pat them on the head and make a run for the door.

Mindees have done it every morning for ages now. Even our own kids say will say "Don't forget X and Y" DH does like the kids, and will talk to them and picks up the little one if she is crying and I am changing a bottom. He did laugh this morning and roll his eyes, but I guess he just thought oh well lol.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine avoids home at all costs whilst I have children here!

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

my dh has nothing to do with mindees, he's not keen on doing stuff with other people's children.....wish he made it a bit easier for me though

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    Mine avoids home at all costs whilst I have children here!
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

jan 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieSausage View Post
    my dh has nothing to do with mindees, he's not keen on doing stuff with other people's children.....wish he made it a bit easier for me though
    i might sound a bit thick haha but what does dh mean? haha

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by danielle10392 View Post
    darling husband!

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by danielle10392 View Post
    Here is a link to abbreviations
    http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/...=abbreviations

Have to admit I struggled a bit recently with PITA but eventually sussed it out!

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

My dh is hardly ever here when I'm working, we see him leave for work as we get back from the school run, he revs his engine (motorbike) extra loud as it excites the children.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast