Mindees leaving - do you buy pressies?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mindees leaving - do you buy pressies?

Hi I hav mindees leaving as they start school after hols and are going to a school i dont collect from

Do you buy your leaving mindees a pressie ?

Ive made them a card and have given them xmas pressies, birthday pressies easter eggs etc

Im thinking along the lines that they should be giving me pressies to thank me for putting up with them all this time!!

What does everyone else do? I dont really have spare money and less now as they are leaving
    XX Jill XX

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Depends on the child - I've one leaving this year who has been with me 7 years and is now a teenager and "too old" for a childminder. I will give him a gift.

Generally no, a card for the child is enough and yes please, a big present for me, me, ME!

However I do make a special 'leaving' cake for tea. I suppose if you wanted to add some balloons into the equation you could. They are nice and cheap

Post Thanks / Like

No, I don't buy leaving gifts for mindees but I accept any pressies they give me!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 leaving next week, i've had them for 3 yrs so will give them a book each. I dont usually give presents for children who are leaving. It costs enough giving presents at birthdays, easter, christmas etc

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i usually do a photo collage thing on truprint/snapfish, costs a little, but is a nice reminder of their time here. i try and put photos covering the whole time they were with me, so they can see how they grew!

although, i have a LO leaving to go to school and she was my first mindee once i had moved and her mum is great, so i will be doing her the photo collage, but will also make her a gym bag for school!

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

My MIL had twins since they were 9 months old they are 3 now and Mum decided to quit work to spend a year with them before they start school. MIL was devastated, she got them a gift as did HER Mum (DH's Nan) and we all got a card because they became such a huge part of the family. On their last day we had a party and everyone was crying.

Funny thing is we still see them twice a week a two groups and have lunch together lol.

I think I will get my current mindees a gift as they are here 50 hours a week... I feel so sad when I think they will leave one day There is one mindee I love to bits she is fab... I have told her in no uncertain terms she is NEVER leaving lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    No, I don't buy leaving gifts for mindees but I accept any pressies they give me!

Miffy xx
    Same here Only the nicer ones usually bother though ha

Angel xx

Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post

Miffy xx
    This is what im thinking/hoping Miffy
    XX Jill XX

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes I give a little gift - sometimes I do a little dance as I slam the door behind them for the last time

Aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm the other way, I do buy leaving presents but don't do birthdays, easter or christmas - I had 12 children on my books last christmas, too expensive!!

We always have a birthday cake though

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi ,
    I don't pay for leaving pressies as I'm about to become poorer, lol.

I do a goodbye card with a 'Thank you for coming to play at Wendy's house: we will all miss you' kind of message and pogo pictures of my family and all the children inside it. Cards always go down well, are cheap and are a kind of keepsake

best wishes,
    Wendy

feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I do, and also for some of them where they have been the only one to play with a certain toy I often give them that as well to remeber us by, and we make a card for them and make a photo scrapbook, I still see most of them and they come back for visits and I babysit them too

Post Thanks / Like

Two of my original gang leave me in August for high school looked after them since they were 18 months old & they are like part of my family.. So I'm taking them both to pizza hut one night after all the tribe go home & as they both love reading I'm buying them each a silver book mark & having it engraved for them so they have something to remember me by x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ceb99 View Post
    I'm the other way, I do buy leaving presents but don't do birthdays, easter or christmas - I had 12 children on my books last christmas, too expensive!!

We always have a birthday cake though
    I buy them something big for Christmas to use at my house that they all have to share ie 2 years ago I bought the wii, last Christmas I bought 2 ds's and some games & that way they get something they will benefit from a lot at my house.. They love that idea! They've said they'd like something for the garden this coming Christmas...

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If they're leaving to go to school I always get them a p.e. bag made up on ebay. I get it in their favourite colour with their name and a picture of one of their favourite things.

I've got a little girl leaving in a couple of weeks and she'll have a pink bag with her name and a picture of a ladybird.

sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atmkids View Post
    If they're leaving to go to school I always get them a p.e. bag made up on ebay. I get it in their favourite colour with their name and a picture of one of their favourite things.

I've got a little girl leaving in a couple of weeks and she'll have a pink bag with her name and a picture of a ladybird.
    That's a nice idea. I usually do a card and a photo album (just a cheap one 70p from Tesco) which I put some of the nicer pictures of their time here. I have also made a couple of Ikea frames with a special photo where great friendships have been made.

I sometimes also buy a workbook or colouring book depending on the age of the child - you know the sort of thing where you trace the letters, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by florabird View Post
    Hi ,
    I don't pay for leaving pressies as I'm about to become poorer, lol.

I do a goodbye card with a 'Thank you for coming to play at Wendy's house: we will all miss you' kind of message and pogo pictures of my family and all the children inside it. Cards always go down well, are cheap and are a kind of keepsake

best wishes,
    Wendy
    I think that's a lovely idea

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No , i do birthdays and Christmas but not leaving.
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I do buy pressies, but then I love buying/making/sending pressies! Fortunately I've not had many leave as I've only been doing it a short while, but the siblings I had to begin with, I bought a book each. When my lo left in Feb, I bought him a pressie and mum a bottle of wine. When he came back 6 weeks later (mum didn't like nursery ) she bought me a bottle of wine!!!

When my own daughter left her cm, she (the cm) took her into town to Build a Bear. Grace still has 'Little Princess' with her every night in bed and talks about how Jill helped her choose a heart to put inside and helped her push the pedal to fill her with fluff. She was only nearly 3 and now she's 7!