Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that's a good start to my day.

Not only do I feel like I'm in a job where half the working population think I babysit children and I constantly have to explain to parents what I actually do, apparently do nothing educational with them like nurseries do, i probably spend most of my day sitting on my ass,working for poor money, have to compete with nurseries which most parents think are the bees knees, now people have the impression that I can't write or add up properly.

Oh look...I've managed to string a few sentences together there

(edited to correct a few spelling errors)

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kel1983 View Post
    Im am angry with all the media reports recently.

Next they will be hiring people who are on community payback to look after children in gov run nurseries.
    That sent a shiver down my spine

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Play Assistant
    Post Thanks / Like

Here we go again

So my partner and I are unable to read and write or do sums now, ok lol

I dont want to give up my job as her assistant. My partner has worked REALLY hard to get where she is now and we both feel like it is being slowly taken away from us just because somebody in power can.

I really do believe this government had this on the table right after the second they walked into number 10.

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Its also been mentioned on This Morning who I have emailed and I think it may be metioned on loose women, so maybe we should try and email so hopefully at least one may be read out. Max Clifford however says he thinks its not going to happen and we have nothing to worry about!!

sept 2006
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

lets hire max clifford has our pr agent
    i think its going to be on question time too as i emailed a comment to them
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-18496847
    it asked if i could be contacted - damn right i can we have a fight on our hands and its one i know we all want to win
    Debra x (kyddcare.com)

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

childminders are not expensive its nursery and private nurserys

i wish they would get there facts straight
    One life live it

feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

am feeling really cynical about this at the moment, I really believe that deregualtion is a done deal and will happen regardless. i also cannot believe that Cathy Nutbrown, can say to the media that people that look after animals are better qualified than people who look after children, perhaps because they are better paid?the old adage says if you pay peanuts you get monkeys....however most of us and many other kinds of childcare practitioners are very qualified, very passionate and conscientious about our work with children and families, oooh I'm so mad about this today I would love to ring the houses of parliament up and give them a good ear bashing!sorry rant over for now

feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so angry I've just broken my fodmap diet and had coffee and chocolate to calm down

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

That's why when I take my cat to the vets I get a bill for £30 before I even get in the door, vets get paid a load.
    When i go on holiday i pay around £100 for someone to come and feed my two cats and three hamsters twice a day..i don't moan
    I've had my kitchen done and the electricians bill alone was nearly 2k...I paid it
    The plumbers bill was close to 1k to plumb in 2 sinks and move some pipes...I paid it

Why do people moan about paying for childcare. Good professional childcare comes cheap at £3.50 an hour around here.

feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've put that in my email to the BBC just now, as you say no one quibbles their vet bill or kennel fees, yet children are their most treasured possessions and they complain! as one of my lovely parents says her kennel fees are £10 per hour and she is always happy to pay it knowing that her dog and cat are well cared for

May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by watgem View Post
    I've put that in my email to the BBC just now, as you say no one quibbles their vet bill or kennel fees, yet children are their most treasured possessions and they complain! as one of my lovely parents says her kennel fees are £10 per hour and she is always happy to pay it knowing that her dog and cat are well cared for
    says it all really doesnt it. I do sometimes wonder where my mindees come in their family pecking order!!

Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

To say im worried is an understatement..

when i went to school there was no GCSE's and tbh after looking at my sons homework i dont think i could do it now.. does this mean im not good enough to look after under 5 yr olds or after school care? i have my NVQ3 in CCLD and level 4 in managing quality standards in children's services.. on top of all the small courses we do,

i dont want to work for an agency, i dont want to pay over £200 registration fees and i dont want to give 10% of my wages to some moo in a suit behind a desk who has forgotten what childminding is all about..

i have no children on my books for september as parents are saying we are going to be de-registered and not allowed to care for children anymore!!!

x

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

This whole thing is going to backfire on the government

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea08 View Post
    To say im worried is an understatement..

when i went to school there was no GCSE's and tbh after looking at my sons homework i dont think i could do it now.. does this mean im not good enough to look after under 5 yr olds or after school care? i have my NVQ3 in CCLD and level 4 in managing quality standards in children's services.. on top of all the small courses we do,

i dont want to work for an agency, i dont want to pay over £200 registration fees and i dont want to give 10% of my wages to some moo in a suit behind a desk who has forgotten what childminding is all about..

i have no children on my books for september as parents are saying we are going to be de-registered and not allowed to care for children anymore!!!

x
    Are they really saying that my goodness I am getting inquiries coming out of my ears at the moment and not one has mentioned de reg.

I must confess I would rather pay £200 a year to Ofsted than pay 10% of my income to some second rate Agency.

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Just spoke to my sibling parent. I asked her to answer honestly, would she rather pay me what she does now and have me only be allowed 3 under 5, or get a really cheap rate, but for me to have 5 children under 5....

Her response was "Well of course I would want to pay higher and get a beter quality, not only that if you have 5 children that is much harder work, surely you would want more money for a harder job, not less!"

God I love that woman

Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    Are they really saying that my goodness I am getting inquiries coming out of my ears at the moment and not one has mentioned de reg.

I must confess I would rather pay £200 a year to Ofsted than pay 10% of my income to some second rate Agency.
    i was knocked sideways ... parents are asked to sign petition etc but its giving false thoughts on what is going to happen, a little knowledge on the subject is putting parents off starting with a cm just in case we leave or changes means they have to move to a nursery .. all this de-registration stuff and us not having high qualifications etc is making parents think we are not qualified at all!!
    after all the hard work putting cm's on the map this is going to knock us bk down again x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bridey View Post
    I've a very jokey good relationship with a mum I work for who is also in the childcare profession ... I've just greeted her with the words "Welcome, and thank you so much for bringing your children to someone who, according to the media is illiterate, overpaid and a potential child abuser"

Her reply was "Well that is exactly why I bring them to you ... we like living on the edge!"

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

quote form David cameron in NW today;
    David Cameron said, ‘Working parents want to know that after school or in the holidays their children will be looked after in a safe, happy environment that is affordable. We want to do all we can to reduce the cost of childcare for parents, and make sure they can find and afford high quality nurseries, after-school clubs and holiday schemes for their children.’
    I guess CM's don't appear on his radar then?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Play Assistant
    Post Thanks / Like

That says it all then really dont it! They have an agenda, the head of Ofsted has his plan and that is it. Do my partner and I need to start looking for another career or am I just scaremongering myself?

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

It's all going 'Mammaries up to the sky' isn't it? I reckon all this trying to get CMs better qualified and taking on NVQs is so that they can get rid of CMs in private homes all together and make us all work in nurseries.
    Well we would all have the NVQs to qualify.
    If they ever deregulate us I'm going back to looking after old people. It actually pays better in the long run and by then my own kids will be in secondary so won't need childcare.
    Lots of jobs around here for 'personal carers' and they pay over £9 an hour!
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast