Interesting enquiry any thoughts....
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I had lots of after schoolies and would do ad hoc in the holidays. It was on my terms, I told the parents my availability and made sure I spread them out. Two days on the trot was hard work, they are way more hard work than the little ones

Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Without wishing to generalise, I have found older girls no trouble at all - helping with the little ones, doing arts and crafts for hours - but older boys quite hard - which is odd, because I have boys myself and I don't find that with them.

June 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

could it be 3 days at 2 hours after school - so 24 hours a month??

June 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mummits View Post
    Without wishing to generalise, I have found older girls no trouble at all - helping with the little ones, doing arts and crafts for hours - but older boys quite hard - which is odd, because I have boys myself and I don't find that with them.
    Ive found the oposite! Girls hit puberty earlier and so come the moodyness!! haha

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mindingmummy View Post
    Ive found the oposite! Girls hit puberty earlier and so come the moodyness!! haha
    I had one older girl and the rest were boys and I also found the girl easier, she was happy to do crafts, happy to play dolls etc and she was 10. The boys didnt want to do anything but watch tv

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bridey View Post
    Think very carefully about this one. If you are minding little ones already and you don't have any children the same age as this one in the house, it could be a very difficult job to keep the older child entertained!
    I agree. Will they amuse themselves by reading and doing crafts or will you be expected to use a lot of time and energy to entertain them. Will they be happy getting dragged to toddler groups and petting farms?!
    I had an enquiry from someone who home educated adn she wanted me to look after her 9 year old boy and said he would 'amuse himself' I was really reluctant for the reasons abouve but also because she wanted adhoc care. She had moved from another area and was slating her old childminder for not keeping a space open unless she was paid for it!! goodness me tut tut wanting the CM to turn away work for her son but not being paid for it either well that's just shocking

Anyway that's what out me off the most and after having a lengthy chat with her on the phone where I wasn't particularly helpful and pointed out I worked as well so I wouldn't have spaces available all the time - never heard from her again funnily enough!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12