Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: toys

Registered Childminder since
    mar 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default toys

the kids are getting bored with the toys i have here so can you tell me what the favourite toys are in your setting? the ones that get used over and over.. thanks in advance

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

The most played with/versatile toys here are probably small world houses/people/shops etc.

I try and rotate my toys so if they are getting bored with something I out it away and get out something they haven't seen for a while - makes it more exciting for them.

My little kitchen with pots, pans, pretend food that is always popular too. I made the mistake of moving it out into the little play house in the garden and it has not done to well with all this bad weather but it makes it a change.

Moon sand is always popular but it ran out and I haven't replaced it because it always is the hardest thing to tidy up/ not waste. I have a sand pit outside so they use that instead.

little play eggs - no idea why they are so popular but everyone is really attracted to them even the older children!

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Play kitchen, happy street, playmobil and box of old mobile phones

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelion View Post
    The most played with/versatile toys here are probably small world houses/people/shops etc.

I try and rotate my toys so if they are getting bored with something I out it away and get out something they haven't seen for a while - makes it more exciting for them.

My little kitchen with pots, pans, pretend food that is always popular too. I made the mistake of moving it out into the little play house in the garden and it has not done to well with all this bad weather but it makes it a change.

Moon sand is always popular but it ran out and I haven't replaced it because it always is the hardest thing to tidy up/ not waste. I have a sand pit outside so they use that instead.

little play eggs - no idea why they are so popular but everyone is really attracted to them even the older children!
    i made some 'moon sand' the other week ... the recipe was called 'cloud dough' ... something like 7 ( or 8! ) cups of flour and 1 cup of oil ... mix and play!

mine love the 'hide & squeak eggs' too!

current favourites are the big box of plastic animals, shape sorters and instruments!

feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

happy land, duplo, playdough,sand, homecorner and dolls

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Blocks and little people... Lego and animals... free access to paper and pencils... bats and balls in the garden...

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

homemade playdough, sticking, happyland and Marble run.

may 84
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Happyland, even the older children 8,9 and 10. Brio train set, cars, dolls and lots of paper for drawing.

Post Thanks / Like

Dressing up clothes, dark den, wooden building bricks, musical instruments, pens, paper, chalks, playdough, balls (any size) and rice in the tuff spot

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

pepples, sand and the toy kitchen in the garden,, they spend hours mixing and 'cooking' then racing around on the ride on toys so they are home in time for dinner

md0u0131 Guest

At the moment....

old buttons
    Seashells
    wooden letters

I took a load of toys to the charity shop today as part of a cull and came back with a load of wooden eggs and eggcups and some metal cups and teapot. Will see how they go down!