Registered Childminder since
    Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tax credit line 0845 3003900

I'm tempted to ring them just to make sure that I've only got people using my services at present claiming the tax credits.
    Will they tell me straight off or do I have to have all my clients details/addresses and then they will say 'Yay or Nay'?
    Just too lazy to dig out the paperwork
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't think they would tell you anything to be honest. They will listen if you call them but that is it.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think they can look up your EY number & tell you who's claiming against it.

When I once queried what a parents was claiming I was told they couldn't even look into it unless I had the parents' NI numbers as that's what they use. Even then they wouldn't tell me anything & I would simply be able to pass on an information I had.

I think it's a bit different now & they will take the info if you just have names & addresses, but I still don't think they will tell you anything.

Might be worth phoning them to check.

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I don't think they can look up your EY number & tell you who's claiming against it.

When I once queried what a parents was claiming I was told they couldn't even look into it unless I had the parents' NI numbers as that's what they use. Even then they wouldn't tell me anything & I would simply be able to pass on an information I had.

I think it's a bit different now & they will take the info if you just have names & addresses, but I still don't think they will tell you anything.

Might be worth phoning them to check.
    Thanks I just want to check a certain ex-mindee has stopped claiming that is all
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If they tell you anything they will be breaching data protection. They can take reports of fraud, but in my experience (I work in this field at the moment) they won't necessarily do anything about it.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ripeberry View Post
    Thanks I just want to check a certain ex-mindee has stopped claiming that is all
    In that case I would phone. Give the details and say you just want to say that parents is no longer using your service, but you're not sure they will have remembered to cancel their claim! They should take the info, but probably won't tell you anything.