Impatience is not a virtue!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    notts Guest

Default Impatience is not a virtue!

I've always been impatient. Quite confident and always aiming for the bigger picture It would seem though that my impatience is causing me a few issues with confidence and foresight!

I've been registered nearly 2 months and I havent' signed a single client yet

I've had a yes but doesn't have a job, then a family who were comiung to see me but pulled out as decided to relocate and a few other enquiries. But technically jot!

I'm feeling really deflated and dispointed in myself and I know i'm being too impatient and keep telling myself that but can't help but wonder if I've done the right thing and whether I shoudl indeed be the one looking for childcare and going back to what I used to do.

Big fat (but I know I need to get over myself just ranting

Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you attend a toddler group or music session on a regular basis?

I have taken a leaflet to toddlers today and put by the register with a pile of my business cards. The leaflet says that I have part time vacancies rather than permanent and then says "What could you achieve with an occasional session away from your child? - Haircut, lunch with friends, interview, dentist etc etc etc" and then tells them to take a card for future reference. I am hoping to get some odd sessions which may lead to something more permanent, even if they need me for a short notice emergency all the children and parents all know me anyway.

Some people did take cards for future use - so fingers crossed I will get some work and good luck to you with filling your spaces.

Apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand where you are coming from. I registered same time as you and I have yet to get a signed contract. I have 2 enquiries wanting sept (but nothing has been signed) and 2 wanting summer holiday care (but nothing signed).

I think we both just have to have a little patience (I'm not so good for that either). My way of thinking is that if parents have contacted the cm's before I registered and they all said they were full, then there needs to be a little time before they are likely to ring again asking if there are spaces yet.

Chin up, you'll get something soon. Maybe you need to hold out til sept time when the newbies start school????

May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Same for me! I registered in May and have had a few enquiries and one still possible for September but not even got as far as a visit yet!
    It's very frustrating after all the build up to registration but I read on here, before I started, that it can sometimes take a while to get going. Sure we'll get there, just have to keep plugging our businesses wherever we can!

notts Guest

Thanks HH I have door dropped over 500 houses, have posters and cards in key places, all the right advertising on/offline. I think that's why I'm feeling so disapoointed. I like your angle 'what could you achieve' well done you

Seems the rest of us are in the same boat. Hope something comes off for us all soon !

jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

honestly it just takes time. i reg in jan 11. took 2 mths then a friend of a friend signed up for an april start, then slowly i got more calls. now im turning them away and have 4 schoolies coming tomorrow.

xx

notts Guest

Well I've since had another lead coming on Thursday so fingers crossed. Also a text from my 'yes but no job' to say that things are looking promising. Who knows!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by notts View Post
    Well I've since had another lead coming on Thursday so fingers crossed. Also a text from my 'yes but no job' to say that things are looking promising. Who knows!
    Well there you go then, hopefully something will come of one or both of these

Fingers crossed for you

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I got registered at the same time as well, and I've only just signed my first contract this weekend. I think it just takes a bit of time, most of my enquieries have been for possible Sept start.
    Best of luck, and don't feel to deflated.

K

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I registered in October 2011 and Im still only working 2 days a week. Just cant seem to fill the other 3 days, had very few enquiries but there are a lot of childminders in my area. I think it just takes time to get known.

notts Guest

Just shows how the tables turn, just had another woman come to the door, 2 boys before/after school, doesn't yet have a job however! So still nothing signed but quite a bit of interest and no no's so got to be a good thing.

Which brings me on to something else (maybe I'll start another thread) people randomly knocking on doors... i'll start another one!

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Whereabouts are you? I ask because I'm turning people away at the moment (really shouldn't grumble!) and your name 'notts' may or may not be relevent!!

notts Guest

haha fluff! we're north notts, near J28 of the M1 ??

My lady signs friday a good day, excited and apprehensive!

Dec 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have come back to minding after 2 years out (health reasons) started advertising end Jan NOTHING! no calls or e-mails

Hopefully all our phones will strat to ring
    Angela x
    Owner of a static holiday caravan in Paignton

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by notts View Post
    haha fluff! we're north notts, near J28 of the M1 ??

My lady signs friday a good day, excited and apprehensive!
    Hmm might not be great as I'm pretty much in the city! Glad you've got someone now though - exciting stuff!!