Another promising lead?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    notts Guest

Default Another promising lead?

still waiting for that first sign! I've had a yes but trying to find work, a family coming to see me Tuesday and now another probably coming later in the week.

Great? Don't know! The yes is full time but no work and no retainer, the Tuesday one is 'possibly' full time (if she can face returning f/t and leaving first baby) and now this one but it's only 2 days.

What to do in these situations? I only have 1 early yrs space as have 2 children of my own under 5, so ideally I would like a full time or 3+ days but what if the 2 days want me? do I settle for this or hold out for more.

I find this all very tricky!

Registered Childminder since
    OCT 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Before you say yes sit down with partner/hubby if you have one and really think about how much you need to earn and how much working full time will effect your family. No one can decide for you but I found working part time fitted better when my children were little.

Allie

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Allie. I know it's hard when you first start but try to think about the days you want to work, how much you need to earn etc. I started off full-time, but found it too much and within 6 months had cut down to 3 days a week. This way I still have time to spend with my own children in the holidays and I earn enough money for us to get by.

Post Thanks / Like

Two days may lead to more or if you want to work ft then you could look for another child for the other three days - this would be better if one gave notice then you at least keep some income, if you only have one full timer then if they go so does all your income

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

notts Guest

Thanks guys. Good points

Registered Childminder since
    june 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I did not realize how physically demanding and emotionally draining the job was when I started, I think it's a good idea to start off with 2 or 3 days then not only do you have chance to get used to the job but more importantly your own children have chance to adapt. My youngest really struggled when I started and you feel really guilty but it does make your own children more sociable in the long run. Good luck

notts Guest

well my lead isn't coming now so boooooo

I just can't seem to get started