Mindee arrives eating chocolate buttons for breakfast!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i used to have one arrive at 10am eating chewits, I told dad that as its the holidays he cant bring them as its not fair on the other children,, next day dad arrived with a packet for all the children, bless him, nice thought, but I dont need a house full of hyper children
    I had another always arrived eating a ceral bar and child was most miffed when I wouldnt let her walk around eating it.
    another arrived with a lunch box with sausage roll, crips an smarties nothing healthy insight, she now has my lunches.
    I am sure its just 'anything that keeps them queit' in the mornings to make parents lifes easier

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

In our info booklet we have a list of do's and don'ts which includes not arriving with sweets, food or toys from home. If they do insistant about a toy, it comes into my porch and goes into their cubby hole until home time. If rules get forgotten they are reminded every so often in a newsletter

june 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had a few issues with mindee arriving with a 3DS and shes only 3 , I don't mind so much in hols but on a morning when I'm trying to get everyone ready for school and My DS is obsessed with anything computer related, I had world war 3 breaking out. After many chats with mum she eventually got the message, I think mindee hassled her to take it, so she gave in and made my life hell instead

May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree entirely that I think often it is anything for an easy life in the mornings. But considering a lot of the time mindees spend more time with us than their own parents, I think parents should be more considerate of our rules and think before they cause a situation in our homes. Will definitely be putting my foot down next time!

Pipsqueak Guest

sibling mindees arrived this morning with lollipops in their mouths... not had breakfast because she 'couldn't get them to eat' and 3yr old found lollipops in the car on the floor.

Problem was he was running around with it with it in his mouth (that gives me the shudders) at the front of the house and mum 'couldn't take it away' (she is petrified of them crying)

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my bugbears is children arriving with toys that are just not suitable. Small toys with parts which if put down would get swallowed by my younger mindees.
    Lego men and figures
    I have a particular 3yr old who used to bring a small bag most mornings full of nicnacs,trinkets that I have to confiscate as the bits are all chokable sizes. I asked Mum not to bring it again and she didn't

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12