No after schoolies
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VINASOL Guest

From September I will no longer have before and after schoolies. Just my own 2 kids and three little mindees (all under 3). And I cannot wait....it will feel like Heaven :O)

Registered Childminder since
    oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i didnt take schoolers but i now have one that has been with me for 2 yrs and i have her little brother and another one will start school full time september so makes 2 ...
    Dust its Fairy Dust

Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I have my own children (5 and 8 yrs old) and I have one after schoolie at the moment. She's in Yr 6 and an absolute delight but once she leaves at the end of the school year I won't be having any more. I've had them before and I found it a total pita. I have enough work with the under 5's and tbh I know that I prefer the under 5s.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Have always done the after schoolies because they usually started with me as little people.Things have changed in this area a lot over the years.At one time you had 3 under 5's that stayed with you till school then you got the next lot of youngsters.now there isn't any/very few full timers. I have 12 on my books all part timers which isn't very good and that includes after school ones which yes i would prefer not to do but it's part of the course, most of the children are lovely though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarahjane View Post
    Do you have them in the holidays though, luckily my after schoolies are term time only, not sure I'd want them all in the holidays!
    I do the odd day here and there but not generally no I have two boys on Wednesday, but they are 13 and 15 and need no "looking after" really, they just "hang out" at mine and I get paid

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLegsCM View Post
    Does anyone here cope ok, income wise, WITHOUT having schoolies??

After the third item being broke in about 2 weeks, I'm really starting to dislike having them (which I know sounds awful) and the backchat I get considering their only 6&9yo's is just, well, disgusting really!
    I guess that depends on how much money you want to have!

We manage (just) with me having full timers monday to thursday, and one before and after school mindee. Money is very tight and there is no doubt at all that we'd be much, much better off if I had more before and after school mindees but I just don't want them!! My own children would hate it and I just won't put them through that. They're 7 & 5. I'm not ruling it out for the future, just not now!

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy having the schoolies and they were all mindees from before school

Problem i have is school ends at 2pm and collecting them is difficult as little mindees are sleeping at this time. Plus, dont think financially its really worth it.

I will only have one in September (and he only comes for an hour). Havent told his mum yet but i will only take him if she can arrange for someone to bring him to me.

May 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got my cousin's boy after school on mon & tues, oh my word how he is hard work and I've only got him for about an hour. His head is never out of the fridge and concentrate on 1 thing at a time.

I love not having after school the rest of week so quiet and most days finished for 4

But never say never (just not at the moment) x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i have 2 for brekkie and walk them home, but they go home 10 mins after we get in. I lost all my others naturally and would NOT go back to it.

I have 3 or 4 under 5's each day plus the little hour before/after school. If I was struggling for daytimers I might go back to it but otherwise - no
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

oct2004
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 after schooled and they are a pain. Considering giving notice but don't know how to word it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12